2010 TC250 in Dirt Rider

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Darkside, Nov 25, 2009.

1. Darkside Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none left
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta, ktm, aprilia
  2. Darkside Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none left
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta, ktm, aprilia
  3. Darkside Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none left
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta, ktm, aprilia
  4. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Thank you! It's a pretty fair article.:cheers:
  5. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Hey thanks for posting it you saved me a few bucks at the mag. stand. My son's starts very easily so we have their main gripe covered. I honestly think the bike is so smooth some may "think" it's slow but it's not. A friend on a 06 KX450 couldn't do anthing with my son on the MX track. I will say for sure my son's a faster rider but out of the turns when my son would let him catch up he still couldn't pass him. In the turns no contest. Thanks again Darkside.
  6. WR BOB Husqvarna
    A Class

I subcribe to both the Dirt mags. Dirt Rider does seem to be a little more open minded on product testing. Unless you have a national MX number or unless you're going to use your bike at the local drag stirp, how much power do you need anyway?

The most educational subcription I own is the one to Cafe Husky!!!

Darkside nice contribution.

WR Bob
  7. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    OK, I'm just about sick of the "hard starting" $hit. Either I got the only easy starting TC 250 on the planet... or these rag reviewers are idiots, or pussies, or both (my money is on "both").

Mine's still a one or two kicker 99% of the time. And the bit about "you can't just slam the kickstarter down... like you can on any modern 4 stroke"... what the hell planet are these jackwads from??!! All they need to do is go to the places I ride and watch 9 out of every 10 "modern" Honda owners try to get their bikes fired without a MAJOR cardio-vascular workout! I watched a 2009 CRF 450 owner kick his two week old, fuel injected bike about 2 months ago and after about 10 minutes of kicking, the guy threw the bike to the ground and sat down next to his $200K motorhome. Funny.
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I took my SA out of the muffer yesterday and ran richer settings on the EFI on my 2010 TXC250 and it ripped so hard it felt like a 450, no BS. Spent a good part of the day chasing a AA rider on a KXF450 and never felt like the motor was holding me back. This is off road not MX. The bike freaking rips if you want it to. The motor in this bike is remarkable. The rest is darn near perfect. Husky hit a home run on this bike IMHO :notworthy:
  9. Darkside Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none left
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta, ktm, aprilia
    It will be nice to see a heads up comparo with other 250f's. Of course they're going to say the Husky is under powered blah blah hard to start blah. But it would be nice to see real world lap times.
  10. Dirty Bikes Husqvarna
    A Class

I would love to see a comparison between the KTM 350, Berg 390 and Husky 250 written by average ppl and not mag writers. Which bike has the biggest fun factor and most enjoyable to ride.

I would like to submit my name to be one of those average people. Now can those manufacturers please send me the bikes :)
  11. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    The australian ADB mag last month did a pretty fair review of the Kato 400, Berg 390 and the Husky 310. It was stressed as a non comparo as the KTM and berg were in effect cut down 450's and the 310 was a 250 on roids. The article was guite descriptive and pointed out plusses and minuses for each bike. net net the Husky was seen as a bike for someone want a bit more tha a 250 and the other wanting something a bit softer than a 450. The appeal for the larger and smaller bikes in the testing was reallt just viable alternates to the general 250 and 450 offerings. Still looking for a Husky 350 really. My 450 is a beaut but at 56 wanting something a bit more flickable. The 310 is brilliant-love my brothers 09 310 but at 250 Lbs a 350 would be a great bit of middle ground for me.
  12. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Hey Krieg my son has the second easy starting Tc250; 1st kick 99% of the time. His also has the SA out and a one size larger pilot jet. On the hard starting, our friend kicks the crap out of his Kaw 450 when it gets hot and with his short legs he has to find a stump or rock to put his left leg on to kick with the right LOL. When he's worn out my son starts it for him.
  13. tommie d Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Twenty one and counting
    Other Motorcycles:
    Two Honda's
    Great write up but what I dislike the most is the fact it's out on the news stand two weeks before I get mine in the mail. Anyway can't wait to read about the WR125 in next months issue. Just wish they would build my XC 200 2stroke!
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    here is my 200 mile review of the fantastic 2010 FE390 Berg...

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=818185

Here is my review of the 2010 TXC 250...

http://www.cafehusky.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6377

and follow-up...

http://www.cafehusky.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6470

As much as I loved the Berg i would choose the TXC. Feels and is way lighter and does everything else just as good or better. It is an amazing bike.
  15. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Oh my when riding today my son started his bike about twenty times and two of them were 2kickers. He still loves the bike!