2010 TE250, JD Jetting Kit, iBeat

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by Fraser, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Fraser Husqvarna

First post, good stuff. Think ill be spending quiet a lot of time here.

Recently bought myself a 2010 TE250 and I love it. Been riding a few times and I couldn't be happier. Anyway enough BS.

I am looking a getting the JD Jetting Kit because it seems a little easier to use that the PCV and Autotune and the price is better.

I also work with computers everyday and I must say that the idea of connecting my bike to my PC and watching graphs and bars move is cool as shit, so even though I am aware iBeat may not be the best tool for a Newbie with EFI but I have to have it. Its becoming just as much of a hobby tuning and caring for my bike as it is riding it.

QUESTIONS:

If I get a JD Jetting Kit and chuck that on will I see the difference in the settings in the iBeat software and will i be able to save the MAP from my bike and upload the JD Jetting kit settings to my mates 2010 TE250 he has just bought? So he gets the good map of the JD Jetting Kit without having to purchase it.

Can I plug in iBeat and save a map off someone else who has already dyno tuned their 2010 TE250 and then plug it into my bike and upload the MAP quiet easily.

Or am I kinda missing the point of iBeat.

cheerz

pjf