2010 TE450 stutters when hot

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by S-1, Sep 28, 2011.

1. S-1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450 2010 + TC250R 2013
    Other Motorcycles:
    Bella Italia all the way!
    Hi there all over globe heres an offroading dutchie asking for your help....

After an electrical wiring repair at the dealer, there were some nicks in the cables so the bike refused duty (typical for this bike I was told), I rode the bike pretty hard again last sunday and all felt ok until 3/4 of the 30km round it started to stutter. Refused full throtle. Backed off a little but wouldnt pass - continued to run irregular - A short stop with ignition off solved this and I could continue my path.

On my second lap exactly the same stutter at more or less the same place, i.e. 3/4 of the lap. Same drill. Ignition off. 30sec wait. Restart. Fired on first attempt. Continued the lap without further failing.

Thinking of it, just before the misfiring the bike didnt run as smooth, didnt pick up nicely in lower revs pull like crazy in the mid to higher revs.

Does any of you Husky fellows have had an experience alike?
  2. S-1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450 2010 + TC250R 2013
    Other Motorcycles:
    Oh yeah I already tied up the fuel pump properly.
  3. Kreza Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    1998 KX80 2013 TM85
    That sounds like a tricky one, probably something real simple, I can't say I know the answer, I have the same bike, no problems like that, mine has had the entire wiring loom replaced under warranty.
  4. S-1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450 2010 + TC250R 2013
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cheers Kreza - hopeful its still a wiring issue and will push dealer to check the linquini again or better replace.
  5. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    1st do you have a check valve on you fuel vent hose? use a straight hose-
    If not- I'd go back and recheck the wiring.
    Doesn't really "sound" like a heat/ fueling issue to me- you'd have to test more to verify or maybe have more to describe...I spose its hard to describe perfectly though. Is your fan running when it is running poorly? Does the fan come on?> if not check temp sensor. My bike (09TE450) did stumble/stall when really hot with original settings in very technical trail- It was very predictable and I could recreate very easily- I leaned out CO1 and CO2 a little and it went away and is perfect.
  6. S-1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450 2010 + TC250R 2013
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cheers to you as well - terrain was pretty techical with loads of 'knippen' (scuseme for not knowing english word but its loads of mean and nasty little bumps after another) and bike was up and down like bucking horse but even when it smoothened stuttering continued....air temp was about 25C, this is northern europe ha ha.

no didnt really notice the fan running but on the other hand I am pretty sure it didnt coz fan should continue to run even when key is switched off (right?) and normally it makes enough noice to notice even with helmet on....but will definite check temp sensor.

I know last time the nicks in wiring caused loads of errors in the bikes ecu and they had to reset....so it may well be the dealer forgot to save settings (again) and bike was running on original settings - will find out tomorrow....