2010 TE450, used with 22 miles finally goes for a ride

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by OlderHuskyRider, Dec 6, 2010.

1. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450 - last of the ITA motors
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    A little cold today in Central Texas but I finally got a nagging problem fixed with a bike that was manufactured in September of 2009 and I bought it used in November of this year, with 22 miles on it. Don't want to get into specifics about the problem that I solved, it's in another thread and I don't want to confuse anybody, so.....I took a ride out to Cow Creek, northwest of Austin, TX. A nice twisty paved road, I could practice my sumo/hooligan skills on and only endanger the cows. The road has maybe 12 or so cattle guards that I learned today they upgraded, smoothed 'em out, I was hoping for some real gnarly ones, to test my suspension settings. I still got some air on a few of them. I have less than 100 miles on this bike so I'm still getting used to it AND I was testing to see if I had fixed the problem, which it appears I had, went 60 miles on 1.5 gals, got 40 mpg, just a little high-revvin' action, not too much. Anyway, after a week of worry and thinkin' I made a mistake buyin' this bike, I am happy to say now, "Damn, this TE450 hauls!" :applause:
    AustinJake

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Good to you getting out !
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Good looking bike / area. Enjoy. :thumbsup:
  4. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    Beautiful lakes...and the bike looks pretty good too.

Glad to hear you're getting it sorted out. My dealer says gas just keeps getting worse and is causing more and more problems. The small amount of gas they put in at the factory is very special and shouldn't be a problem so this must have gotten some local brew put in it.