1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

2010 TE510 Problem

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by stuart.finlay, Dec 13, 2010.

1. stuart.finlay Husqvarna

Hi,

I've just purchased a new 510, after riding it for a while it started to run poorly. On return to the dealers it was found that the power up plug was faulty (the dash read FAIL on the right hand side). They replaced the plug and the bike ran great again, within approx an hour of running the fail code returned and the bike ran poorly again.

I took the bike to second dealer who made changes to the bike config (first dealer didnt setup correctly) and found the 02 plug faulty. They replaced it and the bike ran great again for an hour or so, before returning to the fail code and running poorly again. Has anyone seen this happen before and if so what was the fix? If not any suggestions i could try?

Thanks in advance.
  2. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450 - last of the ITA motors
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    What is the fail code, what is the message on their iBeat software?
    Does it run better immediately after they replace stuff.
    What does it do when it runs poorly: no top end, cutting out, diminished power, etc?
    Have you pulled the spark plug and looked at it when the bike is running poorly? Black and sooty or white and burnt looking?
  3. jjg76 Husqvarna
    B Class

I had the exact same issue and I zip tied the plugged O2 sensor to keep it as far from the head of the engine as possible. I am no longer getting fail codes and I believe the failures may have been due to the jumper getting too hot thus increasing the resistance in the wires within the jumper.
  4. stuart.finlay Husqvarna

Thanks. i'll give this a try
  5. stuart.finlay Husqvarna

1. The dash says "fail" on the right hand side. it stays constant.
    2. Ibeat shows an open circuit that clears once new plug fitted
    3. Idle drops approx 300rpm and stalls on down shifts, bogs on low to mid rpm.
    4. No, it seems the resistor is blowing inside the plug.
  6. Kreza Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    1998 KX80 2013 TM85
    G'day, I have a '10 TE450 that is having a similar problem. "FAIL" remains on display after starting. It is currently at the dealer for the 2nd time who first suggested it was something to do with the power up option of where the O2 sensor plugs in getting moisture. The bike runs perfectly well with 1600 kilometres on the clock. Let you all know how it goes. Not sure what the dealer is using to diagnose any faults?
  7. DG Harv Serv Husqvarna
    AA Class

Always check the "Tilt Sensor" Resistor plug on theses bikes .

It looks like a larger version of the o2 resistor plug and is located in or around the Air Box .

Tilt Sensor is not used on TE but if Resistor fails (normal corrodes !) it will show "Fail" on dash at all times .
  8. Kreza Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    1998 KX80 2013 TM85
    Tilt sensor checked out OK, warranty claim now, will be getting a complete new wiring loom
  9. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    NICE- and that's the best way to chase bad wiring- least when its covered. The heat theory on the PU Plug sounds pretty reasonable- though after the dealer changed it so many times-you'd think they'd have ensured it was well located.
    Glad you have good support Kreza- least it ran great when it did so you knew what you had... great bike- once the issue is resolved.
  10. aclaver Husqvarna
    C Class

Hi.
    In advance, sorry for my english (I´m from Spain).
    I´ve the same problem with a TE 450 2010.
    Could you show me some pictures (or redirect me to some post) about the tilt sensor and wiring? Which points of wiring and where are they located in the bike?
    Other side, where is the tilt sensor?

Thank you, very much.
  11. Kreza Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    1998 KX80 2013 TM85
    I cannot get you a picture as my bike is still at the dealer awaiting a new wiring loom. The tilt sensor wiring that is plugged off is under the seat beside the battery. It should be all sealed up, grey color heat shrink type material around a plug.
  12. aclaver Husqvarna
    C Class

Thanks Kreza!!
  13. Kreza Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    1998 KX80 2013 TM85
    Finally got my bike back with new updated wiring loom, only looks like it is more protected and sealed. Hopefully I don't have to post regarding this problem again.