2010 TXC 250 Baja Ride Report

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by SanDHusky, Jan 11, 2010.

1. SanDHusky Husqvarna
    A Class

Hola Amigos,

just got back from a 2 day, 300 mile Baja ride on my 2010 TXC 250....This was a shakedown of the 250 in more wide open, Score Baja type roads (We rode current and old Score race courses)...

Initial report on how the 250 worked in this type of faster, more wide open terrain....WOW:D this bike continues to amaze me....Power, handling, stability, suspension....everything was working great together and I am glad I did not take my XR650R on this trip.

Bike super stable at speed...Probably need a stabilizer for racing, but still, it works great...Suspension works great and the motor seems to keep getting stronger with each ride....

The only mods so far to bike are handguards, BRP chain guide and set the sag with Rob. N helping out....

SA out, efi set at 110/115/115...Got just around 50 miles before low fuel light came on....Stock fuel tank, carried 2 extra gallons on belt...

I will try and post some pics later in the week when I get them from one of the crew, who was snapping away on trip (Former Score Class 40 champ, on WR450)....

Mitch.
  2. Poopy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165
    Sounds cool! Pics!?

:thumbsup:
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Great report. You are running much richer EFI setting than I. You are also getting good MPG. Then again were ridding totally opposite ends of the spectrum. Amazing bike for sure. That you are very happy you rode it over a XR650 is amazing.
  4. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Nice Mitch! :thumbsup:
  5. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    mind boggling machine, you can bet that the Mitch TXC250 in Baja (big wide open stuff)is definitley a first !!
  6. SanDHusky Husqvarna
    A Class

Thanks for the kind words Robert, but i'm hardly fast, just commenting and adding my 2 cents on a super great bike (2010 TXC 250)....:notworthy:

I think those of us who have them all agree that its a GREAT bike....For me, I am just having a blast on it...it keeps getting better with each ride...I have ridden some great bikes and owned a few over the years...bikes that were great at what they were "set-up" to do, like go fast for long periods of time in Mexico...But those bikes had thousands of dollars invested in parts and labor to get them to that super great state of tune....But they were not good all around bikes....

This TXC 250 is turning out to be great at everything off road; single track, Baja, desert....This is with the stock tires still on it and only some protection items added.....My only complaint, if you can call it that is that the stock plastic skid plate is cracked from taking some rock hits at McCain...but then again, thats more operator error than the bikes fault :lol::lol::lol:

Pics of Baja ride to follow this week.

P.S. I think I saw DirtDame this morning on Buckman Springs Road, turning onto Corral Canyon Road; Jeep with a Kawi on the back. Ride Report DirtDame? :applause::applause:

Mitch.
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    As we do many log crossings and slam into stuff all the time in the woods i destroy mine ASAP. I highly modified one of our older ones as i was very afraid i was going to destroy the engine or something. Glad i did as it has taken some VERY hard hits. We will have a real skid plate for these shortly.
  8. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I've been waiting for you to type those words since I first saw the bikes in July :thumbsup:

[IMG]
  9. DougW Husqvarna
    AA Class

2 extra gals of fuel around your waist? that had to be real fun<G>.

thanks for the info and good news on your trip.
  10. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    SanDusky, what do you think the bike's top continuous speed would be in that environment? Thanks for the report, I'm swaying back and forth on this bike.
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Yeah, thats a lot of exposed motor. The white skid plate i took so much crap for lives again :D Saved the bike several times.

[IMG]
  12. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Kelly,

Patiently waiting for the skid plates. :) Bill me soon please. :lol:

Walt
  13. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Looks dirty :)

When it is appropriate start up another thread so this one does not get too far off track.
  14. SanDHusky Husqvarna
    A Class

I ride mine with the 50 tooth rear and stock countershaft sprocket (I forget at the moment the # of teeth). I would estimate a top speed in the 80 m.p.h. range....but thats wound up, screaming, not really a good idea for extended periods of time. I was cruising comfortably in 6th gear at about 50 to 60 m.p.h. and felt like you could ride it at that speed all day long with no issues (and get that great fuel mileage).

For a more comfy top end speed, I would probably go to a 47 or 46 tooth rear sprocket...I think this would let you rev out more and get you that 70, 80 m.p.h. top end speed....

I weigh 217 pounds, plus riding gear and on this ride had 2 extra gallons of gas on my hips and another 25+ pounds of gear with me, between water, tools, clothing etc.

Hope that helps in your decision making...

Mitch.
  15. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Seriously? :excuseme: Mine seems about wound out at 60 and spun up pretty good at 50. Which is more than enough for my woods riding. Stock front and 50T rear.
  16. rabskyline Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 te250r
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yer maw !
    sounds brilliant ! one of these should fly with my 80kg (fully kitted !) ... :)
  17. SanDHusky Husqvarna
    A Class

Yeah Kelly, I hope i'm not too far off on my visual/perception based speed estimations......I forgot to take my gps to Mex to get a better speed reading....I guess that will be my next project this week, so I can report back with greater accuracy to all...If I am way off, shame on me, I apolagize in advance :busted: I just get so excited when I write about my TXC 250 :D and way more excited when I ride the darn thing :applause:

Mitch.
  18. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Me too :cheers:
  19. SanDHusky Husqvarna
    A Class

Finally, Photos

Finally got the pics for this Baja ride,

Attached Files: