1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 2010 VS 2004 CR / WR 125's

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by tommie d, Jan 6, 2010.

1. tommie d Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Twenty one and counting
    Other Motorcycles:
    Two Honda's
    What's up with the weight gain and less fuel capacity on the 2010 125cc's VS the 2004 125cc. Also the differences in the 2010 product guide and the 2010 Technical data for both the CR/WR 125's.

2004 Product guide:
    125 CR / 125 WR
    197.3 lbs. / 203.9 lbs. (weight)
    2.24 gallons / 2.7 gallons (fuel capacity)
    45 mm / 45 mm (fork dia.)

2010 Product guide:
    125 CR / 125 WR
    92 Kg / 98 Kg (kerb weight)
    7 Lt. / 7 Lt. (fuel capacity)
    48 mm / 50 mm (fork dia.)

2010 Technical data:
    125 CR / 125 WR
    97 Kg , 213.8 Lbs. / 100 Kg , 220.5 Lbs. (Dry weight)
    7 Lt. , 1.85 gallons / 7 Lt. , 1.85 gallons (fuel capacity)
    48 mm "Kayaba" / 48 mm "Kayaba" (fork dia.)
    Yes it lists both the CR and WR with the Kayaba forks.
    As I get older I have gained weight and have less capacity but I don't want my Husky's to do the same. :D
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I had 2 04 CR125's outfitted for woods. I now have a 09 WR125. I greatly prefer the 09. The new frame and suspension is amazing and WAY better IMHO. Weight feels about the same. Yes, the small tank SUCKS.
  3. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

I think they are just being a little more honest now. No way was the 04 Cr 197 pounds. The real weight of the YZ125 is a couple more then that.
  4. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I think they weigh them with all fluids now; fork oil, brake fluid, etc. and back then they were dry on the moon weights. Yamaha list the weight of the 09 YZ125 at 208 lbs. now. After riding a 08 YZ I'll stick with my Husky.
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Same motor in a lighter frame. Other than the bigger forks the 09 should actually weigh less.
  6. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    I just broke my '09 in all the way, finally, last night and pinned it for the first time on a small closed course by my pad. My last Hoosk 125 was a WRE '88 or '87, can't remember. That old bike was just awesome and VERY fast. This one is faster and lighter. The handling and brakes are great. The ergo's are MX like. The trans is super slick and can be shifted with a bare footed big toe under power. The motor from bottom to mid to top just rips, rips everywhere rips! Cant wait to start climbing with it and trying out that killer little clutch.

The new '09 WR125 rips gigantimus sasquatch balls.

I

am

stoked.

:cool:
  7. tommie d Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Twenty one and counting
    Other Motorcycles:
    Two Honda's
    I think they were on the moon when they weighed them. 2010 Product guide lists the WR 125 as 98 Kg kerb weight (full of fluids). The Technical data lists it at 100 Kg dry weight, So they must be magic if you can add all the fluids and lose 2 Kg's. :)
  8. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    It's common knowladge in the industry that there's at least a 10% fudge-factor on these weights.

Only way to get an accurate weight is to weigh it yourself, or so I've found. I'll personaly give up a few pounds for handling and ergos and stuff I want/like in a bike.
  9. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Pvduke,

That is great to hear that your 09 125 rips everywhere :applause:
    Enjoy :thumbsup:

Walt
  10. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    Dood! I'm a broken-down 50 year old and I feel like a kid again on this thing. I wanted one bad at the begining of the '09 year but the plan feel through (we all saw that thread).

Doing a full-on test ride and some pics this Sat.

My sis lives in Kalispell...whereabouts you at? I'm coming up in August and if yer close I'll give ya a shout and the Moose Drool's are on meeeeeeeeeee!

-kevin.
  11. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Kevin,

I am in Hamilton, only about 180 miles south of Kalispell. If you are driving stop in we are on the way and we can ride. Have plenty of extra bikes so no need to worry if you aren't travelling with your little wonder. :thumbsup:

Walt
  12. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    I'm flying into Misoola (sp) but I'll see what I can do and drag some gear up with me.

Think the TSA will say anything if I try and board in full off-road gear, frothing,bouncing around and saying "I'm going riding in Montana man!" :doh::lol:

You are very kind to offer and I appreciate that sir. :cool:
  13. jaked308 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE511, 2012 TC250, 2002 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 KLX250sf, 2005 TTR125LE (wifes)
    Pvduke- looking forward to your review on the 2009 WR 125. I'm a 190lbs A enduro/ HS rider, who has been riding primarily 450 and 250 four strokes for the past few years. I'm really debating on possibly picking up a WR 125 for next season.
  14. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I just turned 51 tuesday weigh right at 200 lbs and ride my 08 CR125 like I stole it. I love this littke bike. LOL I did practically seal it I picked up up new for $2,999.00 OTD! Get one jaked308 my 09 TXC510 is now mostly a dust collector in the garage.
  15. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I also have a 510 that sits alot because the 125 is soooooooooo much more fun Plus when i race the 125 in the open class and win that is even better .
  16. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Kevin,

Missoula is ~50 miles from my house. I made the commute for 15 years to the country club there. August is perfect for riding unless we are burning. :banghead: Keep in touch and we will make it happen. You will love it.

Walt

PS At 52 and 200 lbs the 125/144 has no problem going anywhere and like the guys say it is way more fun than anything else.
  17. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:

Thanks mate. I'm 5'7" / 150#. Been doin' LMS-type stuff since the late 80's till I got crushed pretty badly in '06. Starting to get back into it, sorta. :lol:
    I'd rate myself a mid-pack B- w/ tons of insight now...:)

I aint nuttin' special or possess Taddy-like skills but I'll keep myself honest and steer it into some cobby climbs and stuff and see what I can do with it. It's steep rocks and dust out here, no mud per say FWTW. Others here way better than me that ride slippery slop can give more insight there.

Hey Wally- I'll give ya a jing when I roll into town. I love riding up north and aint been since '04 in Colville (Wa. state) were we had the old homestead. :cheers:
  18. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Get your ass up here and ride. I'll show you the good stuff :thumbsup:
  19. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hell's yeh Kel. Copy that.

When I see you and Jake and Scott out ripping it up there I get super lathered up, grab all my braces and two bottles of vicodin and....remember it's a 3 day drive. Ooops! :lol: It's just too bitchen up there.

I got the bike now....all outta excuses...time ta start some trainin'. :thumbsup:
  20. jaked308 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE511, 2012 TC250, 2002 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 KLX250sf, 2005 TTR125LE (wifes)
    That is a crazy price John01!! I'd definitely pick one up for that price! I'd even keep my 09 TXC 250 just in case I wanted to ride a 4t.