1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc 2010 WR 300 Vibration in footpegs and bars

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by ksandull, Jul 26, 2011.

1. ksandull Husqvarna
    C Class

Hi, I'm new to this site, just picked up a 2010 Wr300. Love the bike, I'm at sea level and running a 35 and 430 jet set up for anyone interested. I notice the bike has an extreme amount of engine vibration that you can feel in the footpegs and the bars. I say exteme because to me it's noticiable. Just got off a KTM 200 and have owned many Jap bikes (2 stroke) and not had this issue. Has anyone else delt with this and any input on a fix to it? I was thinking a dampner might take some out or filling the bars with silicone or some thing. Thanks
  2. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

Make sure your motor mounts are tight. They seem to loosen up on the 300s fairly easily.
  3. ksandull Husqvarna
    C Class

Okay thanks I will check them...anyone use those vibration inserts or fill the bars with silicone, and what about the vibration to the pegs?
  4. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    It's a big bore 2-stroke. Loc-titie and a wrench are your freinds.

Hardware store, silicone cartridge, stand bar on end, fill it, let it sit a week or too...I know one or two that have done it. Never rode theirs before/after though.

Gel insert footbeds in boots and standing helps the buzz there.
  5. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    Sorry to LoL but Husky's have been known to crawl down your driveway when started and left on the stand...you don't notice it when the bike is off running.
    Do a hard ride on the thing and you won't notice the vibes...you'll just notice the excellent tractability of the motor, have fun!!
    RobNewy likes this.
  6. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    My 02 Duke II and 04 SMC 625 would idle around in circles backwards on a flat driveway.

Trust me- Husky's dont buzz that bad.
  7. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

It is a bigbore! And will vibrate more then a 200!! Check ALL motormounts. And ride someone elses for comparison if possible. Worst case senerio could be crank bearings. But I would think not.
  8. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    I just said that! (echo echo echo)

:lol: :banana: :busted:
  9. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I'm thinking I like the idea of and old 360 engine in a newer frame! I had a (I think) 93 or so 360. I liked it! And yes it had vibration! And tractor like power.
  10. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    The 360 Hoosk is the Ultimo bro....dading ding ding broooooop! Leave it in 3rd and go....

I want Cupcake's old scoot... I WANT IT.
  11. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    I dont think the 300 vibrates any worse than any other mid size smoker. The only time I did notice it vibrate when 2 of the motor mounts loosened up and I thought the crank was out of balance.
    Loose motor mounts are a big deal!
  12. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    A guy brought his bike from LA down to George's shop and said it had a lot of vibration. Bike was missing one motor mount bolt and another was loose. George send him to the hardware store and soon the bike was back running much more smoothly.

Checking bolts would be a starting point.
  13. RobNewy Husqvarna
    B Class

My 300 vibrated itself of the side stand when I first got it. Pipe side down on the concrete :(
  14. ksandull Husqvarna
    C Class

Okay thanks everyone for the info. I love the bike but the vibes got to go I'm gone try Barsnake in the bars, will let you all know how it works out.