1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 2010 wr150 or 2010 cr150?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by huskybear, Feb 22, 2012.

1. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 wr144 with lectron carb, stuff!
    Hi everyone, I am trying to decide on either a wr150 or a cr150 for single-track use. Both are very low hour bikes and I can get the cr for a better price than the wr. Does the cr have a 18" rear wheel? I have heard that the cr requires less fiddling to run properly as well. I am 6feet 2" tall and weigh 205 pounds and want a smaller bike to hopefully embarrass my riding buds with. This bike will not see any moto use and is strictly to have fun on in the bush as I have other bikes for longer rides off-road. Thanks everyone!
  2. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The CR has a 19" wheel. I love my 2011 WR150.
  3. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Do yourself a favor and get the CR. I've owned 3 CR's since 2009 (still own 2) and they run right, out of the box, without all the drama of the WR's you've no doubt read about all over this forum.
  4. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Want to feel like a hero... get the CR. Want to embarrass your friends when the going gets rough and have lights to lead them home... get the WR!:oldman:
  5. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Thanks for the opinions so far everyone, a bit more info on my choices. The cr has approx. 6 hours on it and i can get it for $4500 out the door. The wr has 2 hours on it and I can get it for $6200 with a 6 month warranty out the door. If I get the cr I will be adding a kick stand and possibly a 18" rear wheel to it.Both bikes would be getting a larger fuel tank as well. Am I correct in thinking that a tank from ims for a 2009 four stroke husky will fit? I think the frames on these bikes are the same? Thanks everyone and keep the opinions coming! I am hoping to buy soon!
  6. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Where are you located Huskybear?
  7. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Beta 350RR & 1986 430XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Rokon and 2004 Kawasaki KX65
    Ya... That is way too high for the us
  8. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I am located in Vancouver area British Columbia Canada. Not many Huskys to choose from up here!
  9. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 4 stroke tank does not fit. Tank for 2009 up 125/150 does and this is also the tank for 2010 up X-Lite 4 strokes.
  10. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Thanks Norman, hopefully if I get the ims tank it fits properly. I seem to remember reading a thread about someone fighting one of these for a while!
  11. slo rider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 YZ250
    The IMS tank leaves a lot to be desired as far as fit. The seat doesn't want to fit properly and the shrouds don't fit together right. The 70+ mile range is nice though.

I have a WR and have been very happy with it. For jetting I tried the suzuki needle and a PWK carb. Ended up going back to the stock carb with the stock CR jetting and it runs like a champ. I recently sent out a spare top end to wallybean for the 165 treatment and am chomping at the bit to get it back and try it out.
    wallybean likes this.
  12. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Lots of stuff will be happening next week when I get home.

Huskybear,

I was just wondering about where you were at so maybe you could get a ride on one.
  13. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    I know the Clarke tank is the same, assume same applies to IMS.
  14. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Well everyone, I think I have decided to get a 2012 cr125. This forum is great for all the information and all the helpful opinions from everybody. I am basing my decision on the fact that the cr seems to be a bit more sorted out from the get go than the wr and the cr is a little bit lighter(not by much though!) I talked to one of the few dealers in my area and can get the cr for $6550.00 plus tax possibly cheaper. I want to try and buy the bike in the crate if possible as I will be disassembling it anyway before it gets ridden. I always do this with all my bikes to make sure everything is greased properly instead of just smeared with old cheese! Thanks again everyone and as I mentioned before I am located in British Columbia Canada near the vancouver area.I value your opinions,keep them coming!
    lankydoug likes this.
  15. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Enjoy!
  16. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I think you will be a happy camper with the CR. LOVE my 08!
  17. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Thanks guys, I can't wait for the weather to get better around here as it snowed here today and riding in it is not the greatest! I am hoping to work a deal on the cr in the next few weeks and put it in the stable with my husaberg and my old reliable husky or390 which I think I will sell if I get the cr. Lots of people interested in the old girl and when I ride it I spend more time getting stopped by other riders who want to talk about it than riding! take care everyone!
  18. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Excellent choice. Now you won't have to spend the money, time, and stress trying to turn a WR into a CR.
  19. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    That's what I was thinking. I don't mind setting up a bike (jetting,suspension,e.t.c.) but it's nice to have a better starting point!
  20. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I've had two WR125's and never wanted them to be a CR for one single second..... and I've ridden a few CR's in my time.