1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc 2010 WR300 Kick Starter Issue

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Woodsrider101, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Woodsrider101 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    KX85, KX65
    I have noticed on my WR300 that my kick starter is literally getting chewed up from the foot peg after kickstarting. I slowly pushed down the kick starter with my hand and it it hits dead on, not even close to stopping or missing. Is this a normal for the newer 2 stroke 250's and 300's or is there something wrong with my kick starter ? I thought about moving kick starter foward a spline on the kick starter shaft but there is only about an 1/8 inch of clearance between the two, so I dont want to risk denting the pipe. So I tried modifying my pegs from what a dealer told me, basically cut the front bushing off the pegs and reverse them which moves them back and drops them about 1/2 inch. Tried kick starter again and it still hits. What can I do to resolve this issue ?
  2. Anthony_1978 Husqvarna
    AA Class

i hate starting my WR250, its the worse thing about the bike :(
  3. robertk61 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR250
    Even my old 01 model had the same problem, and nothing has been changed in the newer ones either, there is nothing you can do.
  4. MR54L Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250
    Well guys I had the same problem.

The standard peg will chew up the kickstarter and this problem can be fixed.
    I replaced my pegs with TALON PEGS
    I removed the grub screw and ground the surface flat, where the kickstarter makes contact with the peg

Now all is fine [IMG]
  5. windsurf Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have moved mine 1 spline forward - not really to avoid the issue, but just to get a bit more kick. There is a small amount of clearance on mine, but I have heard of people denting the pipe to allow clearance. To be honest it doesn't worry me that the kickstart catches the foot peg other than it hinders the rotation.
  6. CagivaWMX Husqvarna
    AA Class

My 02 CR 250 did the same thing. The peg put a small gash in the kickstarter....but after awhile it never got any worse. I just ran it.
  7. colemanapp Husqvarna
    AA Class

I honestly have grown accustomed and like the kickstarter ending on the footpeg. Yeah, it'll wear a big groove but I've kicked my 02 360 enough to not worry about it damaging the kicker to the point of breaking.
  8. tommytwostroke Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR125, 2017 TX300
    My 2006 YZ250 did the same thing. I guess that is why they are replaceable. It also stops people from hyper extending thier leg, which is a good thing if you have knees like mine and others I'm sure!
  9. johnnyBgood Husqvarna
    B Class

I put a thick peice of thick rubber I found somewhere ? and then I shaped it to fit just right with a belt sander then drilled a hole in it and bolted it to the foot peg with a 1/4 inch dia. and cut it to lenght a stainless steel screw , lock nut and washer just right so now its got a sweet rubber bumper to hit problem solved .
  10. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    Wouldn't worry about it, my 96 360 does the same thing...you could do what JohnnyBgood described
  11. Daniel508s Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TC510
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Suzuki RMz450, 2013 KTM250sx
    Its all good....unless it does this!

[IMG]
  12. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250