1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc 2011 300 spring rate???

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by madfish, Jan 19, 2011.

1. madfish Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 300
    what is fork spring rate on the 2011 wr 300?
  2. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I'm not sure. I would think about .42kg. I had to go down to a .40kg to get the proper 40mm static and 75mm rider sag. Still a bit stiff on my WR150 but works great. Sure not too soft by all means. I had to go up from a 5kg shock spring to a 6kg. That is a huge jump. I did have some of the compression taken out but I will have a tad more taken out when I get the shock serviced. BUT now I have perfectly balanced suspension that works great. I weigh about 180lbs neked. I think my Husky handles better than any bike I can remember and is very stable also.
  3. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

The spring rate on the 2011 should be the same as the 2010 if that helps any. It should be in the owners manual but it is sometimes not where you would think it should be in there.

Vinduro, you are seriously running a 6.0 shock spring and .40kg fork spring? I trust your authority on this matter as I know your expertise but man that sounds so far out of whack. I run a 5.6 shock and about .45 fork spring and I am around 195 neked. I do run 35mm static and not 40 though. I have ridden with a 6.0 shock spring before and man, you sure you are not keeping a passenger on the back of that WR 150 to make that work for you?
  4. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

My bike is perfectly balanced and probably would be close for you too. On the rear I had to go to 6kg to get 30mm static sag and 101mm. Jay Hall weighs 215lbs and uses a 6.8kg. On the front it is plenty stiff. 40mm static and 75mm rider sag. A .45kg fork spring ! ???????? How much static and rider sag do you have ? I tried a .44kg on my KTM530EXC and it worked good in whoops but wouldn't turn with a crap. I went back to a .42kg and was happy. It was good even on the measured sags.