1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 2011 Husky 150 Would you recommend buying!

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by master62, Jun 20, 2011.

1. master62 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I read the various posts. I am wondering if anyone has any criticisms of the bike. I am 64 and going
    to sell my 09 250 TE for this bike. I ride tight rocky single track.Am I crazy? Its not a midlife crisis!
  2. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I think that is a good choice. You can jet the thing smooth and it is a hell of alot lighter than a te. Only thing for you might be the lack of estart ,if you are used to that. I think someone said something about, if you cant start it , you cant ride it.[IMG]
  3. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    I agree with that.

I would not see a problem in the starting thing, a bit muscular arm start this motor.

I had to do it ones with my bike when my leg was banged up and I was still 40 km from home.

it was a 125 in my case but I assume that the 150 is not that much of a difference in the compression force on the kick starter.

Robert-Jan
  4. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Buy the CR instead of the WR, gear it down (I put a 12 on the front), put a steering damper on it, spend some time fiddling with the jetting, and you'll be in "tight rocky single track" heaven! [IMG]
    I recommend the CR versus the WR because it seems like everyone who buys a WR spends gobs of money trying to convert their bikes to a geared-down CR.
    At 64, it's obvious you're not in midlife crisis... more like 3/4's life crisis! [IMG]
    Motosportz likes this.
  5. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

+1 for the WR. I haven't had the need for the CR. My racing days are over and the WR is more mellow and not as snappy. I just did a mud ride yesterday with three friends on 450s. I ended up passing one or two on just about every steep long climb we came across. They would spin out and I would chug on up the hill. It just doesn't get any better then that. [IMG]
  6. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Hell, I race. I Love the WR150. Add a couple teeth to back sprocket and go.
  7. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Id recommend the CR 150 for the snap - you may as well have some fun - who cares what anyone thinks
    I didnt have a 144 but found the wr 125 a little frustrating at times but still more fun to ride than a TE 250 IMO
  8. demi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 SH 500, 81 Gilera 125 C1, 17 KTM
    depending on where in PA you are from, I would happily let you ride my CR. Dwight pretty much sums it up....
  9. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Snap ? Mine has plenty of "SNAP". Great low end. A ton of torque and lugging power as well as a screaming top end. Light weight and fun !
  10. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    You need to ride a CR to appreciate what kinda snap we're talking about. I've ridden the WR. It's a great bike and I'm not bashing it at all. But the CR is in a different league in terms of power delivery. You either love it or you don't. When I rode the WR (144 kit installed on a 125), I kept wanting a bit more hit and quicker reving. The CR scratches that itch for me.
  11. Bill502 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 WR167 1978 CR250 1938 sw maus
    Other Motorcycles:
    1970 Triumph T100C 1973 Honda TL125
    I second that.
  12. Kevin_TE250 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

in a Word "YES"... I did the same thing... don't miss my TE 250/300 at all.... these bikes are too much fun.. :)
  13. master62 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks everyone for your comments. I rode the WR150 and it felt good. So good I am going to buy one after the TE 250 finds a new home. I am going to a 52 versus the 50 on the rear. I realize I will need to play around with the jetting. Any thoughts on the WR150 jetting? Anyone know if the 09TE 250 wheels are the same as the 2011 WR150?
  14. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Good place to start

RM 62 needle 3rd clip
    #5 slide
    45 pilot
    460 main
    Air screw 1.5 to 2
  15. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Have to agree with Dwight and Bill. I've never ridden a CR150 in my kind of woods, but have ridden a CR125.... some times that CR "Snap" will put you right on your @$$!

Steve... Want to swap my WR144 and your CR150 in the mud at Walter's in Cortland?
  16. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    Buy the CR and then search the classifieds for a wr ignition, which will be more common and cheaper than the cr part. The stock wr lights are pretty weak, so you'll be buying aftermarket anyway. That's what I'd be thinking about doing.
  17. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Super fun bikes.
  18. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    As posted a while back I spent a long time trying to get an 06 and an 08 wr 125 to go as hard as they could go but when I rode an old 04 Cr 125 I was very surprised by the punchiness of the motor . If felt like it had an extra 50cc .
    I alwatys stuggled to get the wr 125 to lift the front wheel without being at very high revs. Not the CR . Dont get me worng I do love the way the Wr winds up and screams but the CR is obviously more of a point and squirt bike.
  19. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

LOL, My WR150 will bring front end up in 6th gear
  20. Last Lap Husqvarna
    A Class

Are they both 6 speeds?