2011 TCX 250 stalling and dying.

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by jaysktms, Jul 8, 2012.

1. jaysktms Husqvarna
    AA Class

The bike is a 2011, it has the kawa 12 port and was reprogram by dealer. it also has a 6X JD tuner. The issue is that the bike seems to be running out of gas. It runs for about 5 to 7 mins and shuts off. This happens with and without the JD connected. The bike runs as good as it should when it runs. The bike just dies and we have to wait a few mins until it will start again and it happens all over again. Looking for any input as what to try. Did the Husky every have the same issue that the Husburg did with fuel lines getting clogged.
  2. Biggziff Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 1190R, 500 EXC, 1970 Suzuki T250
    What RPM is the idle set at?

What trouble shooting have you done so far?
  3. dave lindsey Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XCW/2012 CRF230F
  4. jaysktms Husqvarna
    AA Class

Check all the connector and greased. Did not pull off fuel lines to check, it was a ride day and got my other bike. What do you have in mind to check. The idle when the bike starts up is good, pull the starter level in and rpms go up. When it starts it sounds good, good throttle respond and run good.
  5. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450 - last of the ITA motors
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    If the fuel pump does not prime every time the key or kill button is set to RUN, and the fuel pump sometimes sounds weak and straining, THEN replace the fuel pump.

If the fuel pump primes every time the key or kill button is set to RUN, and the fuel pump always sounds the same, strong and steady, not weak and strained, THEN replace the fuel filter.
    JonXX likes this.
  6. MotoXotica Husqvarna
    AA Class

the only fuel filter i see after looking at the schematics for a 2011 te/txc 250-310 is the screen in the petcocks.let me know if i have overlooked something.dan
  7. jaysktms Husqvarna
    AA Class

Took the bike to the dealer and was the fuel pump, which they are replacing under warranty.
    OlderHuskyRider likes this.
  8. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450 - last of the ITA motors
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    Thanks for posting the solution, keep us up to date on the fix.
  9. jaysktms Husqvarna
    AA Class

Well the fuel pump was replaced and the bike still keeps shutting off. Goes great in the open but once in the woods it just stalls, coughs. This thing is going to kill me. Did a enduro and Delong keep blowing pass me in the race. His bike didnt seem to have this issue. Called the dealer again and told me to disconnect the JD. Have to try that next week or maybe sunday if I have time. This is getting old.
  10. dave lindsey Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XCW/2012 CRF230F
    that sucks...I did the replacement of fuel filter, after market automobile fuel pump, and the temp sensor...on my 2010 TE310...Ive had no issues since....oh I use Startron in my gas now...seems to really help
  11. JasonfromMN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None right now :(
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Yamaha FZ6R
    Couple of us here had similar problems with the JD tuner and usage of the accelerator pump feature with the xlite. We set the accel pump feature to 0 with much better luck.
  12. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    the only stalls my bike ever did was due to TPS being off and too rich in hot (think race hot) circumstances and the coil ground bolts having loosened creating an intermittent weak spark. I was able to sort all that out with just Ibeat and cleaning up and tightening the bolts. Been running great since, I think that was June of 09.
    (not an xlite, but same Mikuni EFI)

If you have a piggy back tuner like the JD, I'd check the installation, then test without it effecting, then go back and start tweaking/testing settings like Jason said till you find improvement. Hopefully its not a component problem (ie., temp sensor, etc) cause you can't tune out a bad part or bad connection.

Good luck!
  13. jaysktms Husqvarna
    AA Class

Well did it and same issue, it is killing me. If i didnt pay so much off on this loan I would let BMW take it back. Did get a # for Husky, from Austria contact couldnt get any information from US. So I called and talked to Wade and I have it down at another dealer that even farther than the one were I got it. They are doing the 12 up grade for it on Husky. Was told that it will be working to my happiness.
  14. jaysktms Husqvarna
    AA Class

Well it been 2 weeks and still no news from the dealer! I know it takes time to get parts but this is two weeks riding my old bike while the new one gets older and farther from my mind.
  15. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    I can feel your pain but of course only up the the ~$3,500 mark ... The o10 tc250 (CARB bike) I have will not start hot or cold really with under 20 to 50 kicks or till I accept the fact it is not gonna start and just look around at all the people watching me kick a dead horse ... Then next kick it starts ...

For whatever reason, identical (?) machines can come off the assembly lines and give totally different behaviors ... Its like it is in their genes to start and run or just be a crap bike ...

Maybe yours will get better ;0 ... I'm not giving up on my crap bike but I do have a 08 WR250 on the way to the rescue ...
  16. jaysktms Husqvarna
    AA Class

Well, I have been working this out for a few months. Replaced the internal fuel filter with one from Napa, that one was full of junk. Over all the bike was running but not the best, but I was living with it until now. Bike has 106 hrs and started to get out of control not running flaming out, back to just trying to kill me. To make it harder on me a friend got one and it is a 12, and runs great without any issues. Well, some more calls to the dealer and said to bring it down, the short end was he sold more than 20 of these and with only a few issues that a flash would take care of. He didnt think it would be the top end, said that they are very well built. Told me to check for an air leak, so out come the starting spray if there is a leak that will find it for sure, nothing. Just for kicks why I was into to it, I changed the plug you know $5.00 worth. ST$$ does this bike run now, I can't believe it, a blanking spark plug, just added the tuner and WOW. I am so happy with this bike, frame and suspension really works for me. Thanks for all the help. Sorry for all raving for a new plug replacement, which I should have done without all of this.
    Thanks Again!
    Phoenix likes this.
  17. JasonfromMN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None right now :(
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Yamaha FZ6R
    Great that you found it! Sometmes we overlook the small things.