2011 Te250 Ran Out Of Gas With No Low Fuel Icon !

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by hillbilly, Feb 17, 2012.

1. hillbilly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11te250 14cr150
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 ktm500
    has any one else had this problem ? the fuel pump icon comes on when i turn the key on then goes back off. i am thinking the dash is ok ? thought i would ask before i start takeing things apart and checking pin connectors ohming wires etc .thanks !
  2. JasonfromMN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None right now :(
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Yamaha FZ6R
    I know the older FI Huskys had problems with the low fuel sensor attached to the pump area in the tank. Im not sure if the newer ones do but Id pull the pump assembly and look for a broken sensor mount.
  3. hillbilly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11te250 14cr150
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 ktm500
    ok thanks for the reply ! i havent got a chance to troubleshoot anything yet. its a real bummer running out gas since these bikes have no reserve :thumbsdown: i love the bike just installed a rekluse core exp 2.0 and a set bridgestone 403 & 404 the bike handles like a dream now ! also installed the g2 throttle tammer i do think it helped the soft bottom end power delivery. still thinking about getting the 12 port and ecu upgrade but i have no stalling issue at all ! just a real soft bottom end power. thanks again for the reply:) will post when i find the problem.
  4. Ultra54 Husqvarna
    B Class

This may sound stupid but there are two fuel petcocks on the bike and if you don't have the one on the left side of the bike turned on I think what you describe can happen.
  5. hillbilly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11te250 14cr150
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 ktm500
    that may be true but both petcocks were open and 100% of the fuel was gone as i had read was a upgrade from 2010 model to 2011 model as the new tank and pump would disperss 100% of the fuel as i found out to be true :eek: ! as luck would have it i was only about a 1\2 mile from the house :applause: good thing these x-lights are easy to push :D!!!
  6. josh310 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te310
    i have a 2011 te310 and i was riding it on the street and wanted to see how far it would go on a tank of fuel and it ran out on me too. So i pulled the sensor and it was bad. When i had my dealer order me one they said they were on back order so i think it is a common thing.
  7. hillbilly Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11te250 14cr150
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 ktm500
    yes i found the sensor yesterday. I looked on the flash drive workshop manual that came with the bike.And it is located on the right side fuel petcock.I have not had a chance to check it yet.I think i will go by my dealer tommorow and put my order in for one. THANKS FOR THE REPLY JOSH310 !