2011 te511

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by neodax1234, May 2, 2011.

1. neodax1234 Husqvarna

i am looking to remove the o2 sensor but need a dummies guide but i hear it give the bike more power due to less (emission) restrictions. any help on what to remove/install is appreciated
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    No need to nor is it the way to get the power up. You should have a little plug with a looped wire in the kit that comes with the bike. It plus in under the seat (towards the front) and puts you into the much better running power up (richer) mode.
  3. neodax1234 Husqvarna

yep when i got the bike the dealer forgot to give me my box of stuff all is well now ;D
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Yeah i know, I am "Ride" over on TT and helped you. [IMG]
    nicogc likes this.
  5. Suputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SMR 511
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250X, 81 Yamaha RD350LC, 90 RZ350
    I read somewhere that disconnecting the O2 sensor helped? I have the Race Map 2 plug installed .... finally. Mine is the SMR511 if that makes any difference?

Is there anything else that needs to be done to fully uncork the bike as it comes from the factory? Airbox, throttle stop?

I will do a pipe later on.
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    JD just had my 511 on his dyno and with an exhaust sniffer. He noted no difference with the CO sensor plugged in or unplugged when the power up wire is installed. You will see a "Fail" error on the dash by disconnected it though.