2011 TXC FI Throttle body question

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by Wolf, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Wolf Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TC and FC 125/250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yes
    Quick question to the group...my son rode the TXC at a moto practice this week when out of the blue it started to run badly and then stopped all together. As it turns out, the throttle body got disconnected (popped off). Has anyone heard of this before? I searched but couldn't find anything on here. Did we suck in some dirt in the few minutes that it ran with it off?
  2. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    I would think the bike would quit as soon as it came off. If it was loose prior to that then it may have sucked some dirt. No, its not a common occurrence on these bikes.
  3. Wolf Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TC and FC 125/250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yes
    After inspection...must have run with a leak long enough to destroy itself. The air boot has no cracks, but popped off. Less than 1 pound compression. Really disappointed. Safety wire your airboot people, otherwise the back pressure will POP it off.
  4. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    For the record, which model is this?
  5. Wolf Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TC and FC 125/250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yes
    2011 txc 250
  6. Desertyucca Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511 & TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    DR650, IT490 a few others.
    I have stalled my te511 in a way that has pushed the throttle body about 1/2 inch out of the boot a few times. Good thing the TE Dual Throttle has so much extra wires and parts it is almost impossible to have it blow out completely. Tighten the boot clamps real good and Problem solved!