1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 2011 WR 150- good for Vet MX?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by demi, Dec 11, 2010.

1. demi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 SH 500, 81 Gilera 125 C1, 17 KTM
    ...on the fence with a couple different bikes.... I want the CR, but my impatience is getting the better of me!! The 510 is nice and all, I am thinking less is more these days. So, opinions please. Thanks.
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Might want to call Bill from Bills husky as I just got off the phone with him and he has one and said it RIPS right out of the box.
  3. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Beta 350RR & 1986 430XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Rokon and 2004 Kawasaki KX65
    I rode a CR125 in the Vet A class for years...really you dont need a 250-450...the only time it screwed me was really technical hills were maybe you loose momentum...them I would jump over and run beside...but if you get screwed up they are alot easier to pick up and move around...I thought I rode faster too cause you need to consentrate more...
  4. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I still have my 08 Husky CR125 and I play at MX with it. My 510.... well I sold it. IMO less is more. More fun that is. I say if yoy can't get a CR go for the WR150 and start having some FUN.
  5. skid Husqvarna
    A Class

I have an 08 cr 125 that I 144'ed. I believe there are some cr's out there with the new frame .. you could always get one of those and have the top end done or put the factory kit on it. I think the cr forks would be more up to the job, but I'm sure the wr forks could be made right. If your just running mx I think I might take the time to find a cr, then go wr if you keep coming up empty
  6. demi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yeah, I really like the idea of the 150 right now. I know I should wait, but it is killing me. If I knew when the CR's were coming out, it may help.
  7. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Demi,

I would wait for the CR. The 19" rear and Digital ignition definitely make a difference. I really like the TC Zokes that came on the 09's and expect the forks on the CR to be more in line with that standard.
  8. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Wait for the CR. Our '09 CR would suck the stickers off the '09 WR. Completely different animals. Not even a close comparison.
  9. demi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sounds like I should wait! Winter will help in that department I suppose. Thanks again.
  10. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I think it will be plenty fast. Giverago.
  11. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Steve,
    You need a CR...... Hold out for a CR150.:cheers:
  12. Daniel508s Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TC510
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Suzuki RMz450, 2013 KTM250sx
    I couldnt agree more. As a 510 owner, the bike is like a bull at times (or all the time) on the MX track. 125 or 150 would work great for Vet MX. In the Vet club I'm in, there is a Pro who rides a Honda CR125 and kicks everybody's tail.
  13. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The 2011 WR is supposed to come with Digital from what I was told. Also the 19" rear had absolutely nothing to do with making any difference in running or handling unless you run nothing but hard pack. A 19" is marginally better on a flat hard pack corner because of less sidewall flex. BUT, A 18" is better in rougher / choppy ground. More sidewall cushion. Overall, I think a 18" tire is better even on MX unless you live in So.Cal. The WR150 runs strong enough to keep up with anyone in the Vet class in any MX except maybe expert.
  14. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Dwight,
    Only the '11 WR250/300 gets digital ignition. '11 WR125/150 is still analog.
  15. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Norman,

We can only hope that Husky runs out of the old analog stuff so that all the WR's will have a digital ignition by '12. I love the map switch on the handle bar.

Dwight,

I also like the 18" tire better for where I ride, but there is not only an advantage in hard packed conditions but also in unsprung weight for the 19". I wouldn't have really believed it until I put identical tires of the same brand except rim size on the scale. Of course my sample size is pretty small. :D
  16. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

You may be right on the ignition but I was only repeating what I was told. As for the rear, there is not enough difference in actual use to worry about. I actually like the feel of the 18" better and there is less chance of a flat. You will probably get more diffence in weight from the brand tire and tube you are running.
  17. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Dwight,

You are probably right and I certainly wouldn't notice. I wouldn't put a 19" on my bike but for someone who wants every possible advantage it will probably help them mentally. :D
  18. demi Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    fwiw....my dealer told me this morning that the CR's are due at the END of January...apparently Husky didn't see the demand for these bikes or something to that extent according to Rob Keith(or so I was told)
  19. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

I know BillF has a couple of 2010 (I think) CR 125s. You might see if he would make you a deal with the 144 kit installed.