1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc 2011 wr 300 fork height range

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Brian Scott, May 23, 2012.

1. Brian Scott Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '01 CR 500R
    What is the recommended range for the height of the 48mm KYB forks above the upper triple clamp? I'm not able to find any maximum or minimum heights in any of my manuals. Although I have not measured them yet, the factory settings on my '11 wr 300 visually appear to be around 20 mm...no kidding, so this slightly concerns me that they may be set too high in the clamps. I think the recommended range for my '01 CR 500 with 46mm KYBs is 0 to 9 mm. I mostly ride in tight twisty woods and I'm not noticing any adverse handling issues. I've also spent a few days in the wide open desert, again with no real issues other than perhaps some slight head shake in 4th and 5th when I'm in the mid to upper revs.

Thanks.
  2. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Mine were set the same way. Since I am on the short side and the bike is ridden on tight trails in my area, I have left them that way. I haven't noticed it to cause the machine to handle poorly on deep sand straightaways (except at very low speeds, of course) either.
    [IMG]
  3. wait4me Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    85 YZ490 "Ol Bessy"
    My 11 came with them set at the 2nd line from the top. I moved them down to the 1st line and like it better for the desert. Sag at 103
  4. jaxsplatt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '10 WR300, 2000 TE410
    I just rode mine home from work and on main road at 90 kph and got a headshake from hell. Ill be dropping mine through the triple clamps. its sitting halfway between the two lines. Now will be at top line. Hope i dont get another headshake like that as I nearly stained em!!!