1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc 2011 Wr 300 Thermostat

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Maybroda345, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Maybroda345 Husqvarna
    A Class

Just wanted to give a quick post about the thermostat set up on my wr. The bike is awesome and after racing it after break in. I noticed it ran a little hot. The jetting wasn't spot on but it wasn't that off either. So I decided to drain the coolant from the factory and put in the waterless from Evans. This made things worse. To the point where the bike blew a h/g. I decided to go with the 2010 hose set up to eliminate the thermostat and after seeing the way the 2011 hoses where routing the coolant it became clear as to why the bike was running a little hot. Evans actually runs hotter than say a Water Wetter or Engine Ice it just doesn't expand so the bike won't kick it out. So long story summed up. The 2010 hoses with water wetter did the job. The bike runs great now with no overheating problems so I would definitely put the 2010 hoses on your 2011. Just my 2 cents.
  2. bigriver Husqvarna
    AA Class

My 2011 wr250 hasnt had any problems. I think the thermostat may even help jetting in cold temps with keeping the enging running at a more efficient temp.
  3. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    According to the laws of physics it should be more efficient both in cooling and running right with a thermostat.
  4. MR54L Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250
    Hmmm early stages for husky with thermo, all in good time.
  5. hogwackr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    18 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    13 HD Street Glide
    I've had no problems with my 11. I'm running engine ice. I've ridden some nasty clutch slippin single track in 90+ degree temps and no issues at all with overheating.
  6. Maybroda345 Husqvarna
    A Class

Based on the hose routing and how restrictive it makes flow not to mention the restriction from the thermostat itself, I don't see how that is possible.
  7. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    I was referring to the basic principal of heat exchange being more efficient with a greater temp by holding the hot water on the engine side while the radiator side is cooled more so that when it reenters the engine it cools more effectively. If designed right the cooling system's size could be smaller and lighter and still get the job done. That being said the practical side is IMO; Huskys don't overheat, a thermostat is just one more thing to go wrong with your bike 25 miles from the truck and if it's not broke don't fix it. Plus there is the logistics of making it fit on the bike as you mentioned.