1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 2011 Wr150 Shiver Oc Forks

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Vinduro, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Well the muddy event this weekend got my fork seals. They were over a year old. What is the recommended oil level on the Marzocchi 50mm Shiver Open Chamber forks ? Any tricks I need to know on taking these forks apart to replace the oil seals ? I know they take 5wt fork oil. Going with Maxima 5wt racing fork fluid.
  2. robertk61 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR250
    Pretty easy, just like the KYB's.

I set my level to 140mm, and just installed a set of Synergy seals, haven't ridden it yet but apparently they are the bees knees!!!
  3. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    I set my oil level at 130mm, I recommend taking them all the way apart, if it has never been done since new you will find assembly grease packed around the valving. Cleaning the grease out will greatly improve their function and will prevent the occasional time when the forks blow through the travel. The only special tool I needed was a 50mm seal/bushing driver from Motion Pro. Mine was an 09 but I think they are the same set up.
  4. utopia Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250, WXC125
    Do you need a special tool to hold the rod from turning when removing/installing the compression valve? I'll be taking mine apart soon, just wondering what I'll need.

Service manual says 120mm oil level. I think I may try 130mm next time.
  5. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    You can always add oil back through the air bleed holes if it's too spongey, I think 13cc = 10mm.

As for holding the rod I think I pushed the spring down by hand and put an open end wrench on the flats. I used a wrap of electrical tape to protect the fork seal against getting cut on the bushing step on the tube.
  6. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

I am sure that the Synergy seals are great, but I have been using SKF seals on any of the bikes were are working on with great success.
  7. Darkside Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none left
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta, ktm, aprilia
    I've heard lots of good things about those SKF seals. The guys on the orange forum are raving about them.
  8. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I believe that Hall's sets oil level at 110mm with reduced compression damping. Helps prevent bottoming with plush inital stroke to help with roots and rocks. I also went down from stock .42kg springs to .40kg. Got my sags right and the bike will now settle into turns while handling anything that I throw it at.
  9. erigre Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    yes
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    Another SKF plug. Put em in my WP48's and Marz TC 50's and they're good. Less stiction for sure.
  10. Darkside Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none left
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta, ktm, aprilia
    Where did you get the the SKF seals for the Zoke 50s?
  11. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

Enduro Engineering has them in stock. They are a bit pricey but they come with seals and wipers.

517-393-2421
  12. erigre Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    yes
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    Gotlabs likes this.
  13. Gotlabs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 CR144 X 2!