1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 2011 WR150 Tire Sizes Front/Rear

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by master62, Sep 8, 2011.

1. master62 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I thank everyone for their input on jetting for the WR150. The bike is running great. I am trying to save money in experimenting with tires so I am asking for your opinion on what tire sizes do folks run on the WR150 front and rear.

I have been using the original tires which I need to change. I find in the PA tight rocky single track I need to slip the clutch on the short steep uphills as well as the loose long rocky uphills. I have a 52 rear sprocket. Is 110-100.18 too big for the rear? I know I will need to continue working the clutch with the WR150.
  2. typeone Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TC270 + 09 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 X4 146 + 13 250RR
    email Kelly at Motosportz and grab some Motoz for your terrain, i would need to look up what size he sent me though. awesome tires for the WR150, HUGE improvement over stock. i run them super low too, like 7-8psi. nuts.
  3. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'm running a D742 90/100-21 on the front and like the higher profile for the root filled trails we have around here.
  4. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Pirelli Scorpion Pro front and MXtra 100/100X18 rear
  5. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

13-52 should be plenty low on a WR150 assuming the jetting is clean on the low end. I am running stock gearing with a 120 MB5 (about the size of a normal 110) and it is just a little high. I even ran a really tall MT16 for a while. And I am not exactly fast and ride a lot of slow and steep stuff. So I am thinking that maybe you are just not used to having to work the clutch so much. It is kind of expected on a small bore to be feeding the power through the clutch in real slow and steep conditions. I ran 12-50 for a while and found it too low and I would still be on the clutch hard in a few places.

On tires I have never been to PA but from what I hear I bet the MT16 would work very well. It is almost like a trials tire in rocks. It is tall though so the gearing gets messed up and the seat gets higher. I like it everywhere except "brown ice" which we get a lot of which is why I switched to the MB5 which is very good in rocks for a mud tire. If you really want low profile try the 952. The 110 is more like a low profile 100. Even the 120 is not real tall and my old 125 had no trouble pulling it since it didn't hook up worth crap. Maybe it would work in PA though.