1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc 2011 WR300 I think I damaged a throttle cable but I'm not sure.

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by apariah, Nov 13, 2020.

1. apariah Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2008 Buell 1125r
    While riding the motocross section attached to some of the local trails my bike died coming off the face of a jump. It made a weird winding down type sound and then nothing.

I was able to get it restarted for a couple of seconds and then died. Since it was already warm I decided to give it more throttle, and noticed the throttle didn't spring back. The cable didn't seen to be broken, but when I unwound the adjuster at the bar all the way it seemed all most like normal.

The throttle come back when the adjuster is alway the way out makes me think the cable stretched, but I'm not sure how, or why. I ordered a new cable, but I wondered if anyone hand experience with this.

In this state the bike will not start.
  2. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    1.The cable may have been adjusted before with the lower end of the cable housing not seated in the fitting on top of the carburetor.
    2. Something jammed into your slide assembly inside the carb body, and the slide is not coming back to the bottom.
    I strongly suggest that you remove your carburetor and inspect it for any foreign material or damage before trying to make any other assessments on the problem. Also check the air cleaner and air cleaner boot, and the reeds and the connector they reside in.
  3. apariah Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2008 Buell 1125r
    Based on your post I pulled everything apart. Once I removed the airbox I turned the throttle to see if anything was inside before I removed the carb. It seemed to work like normal. I was confused by that and went further and removed the carb to check the reed cage, nothing was in there. So I started messing with the throttle again and everything seems fine. Is there a chance it could have just stuck somewhere and the disassembly freed the cable some how.

I don't want my neighbors to hate me so I will wait morning to try and start it. But overall it seems like the issue resloved itself. But I dont know who or why, and that's concerning.

4. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    This is why you have to take the slide out and check for any damage inside the body. There might be a scratch or mark from something.
  5. apariah Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2008 Buell 1125r
    The issue ended up being the throttle tube. But I also found out the cable is starting to fray where it connects to the throttle.

I dropped the bike the day before towards the end of the ride and didn't notice anything weird. But I'm guessing during cleaning I move something around and the bar inserts for the handguards were causing the issue. I adjust the end, and the problem seems fixed. Thanks again Dirtdame. I learned a lot about the bike trying to sort this out.
    rancher1 and Dirtdame like this.
  6. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I'm glad the issue is resolved. There's nothing worse than a stuck throttle for any reason.
    apariah and rancher1 like this.