1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc 2011 wr300 lost spark

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by razornpc, Nov 25, 2012.

1. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

anyone else have this happen yet?

checked and its not the kill switch. FW is turning with the crank. im pretty sure its the stator or the coil/cdi.

just putting this out there to see if anyones got any other thoughts on things to look at.
  2. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Make sure your sparkplug cap is properly tightened to the plug wire.
  3. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

done as well DD.
  4. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Are you running any of your lights? Just asking, because I've read that the lights and the ignition don't get along too well.
  5. bhab Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 300, TC449
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco 2.9, KTM 200 XC-W
    Yup, I had the coil go out on my 2011. It just cut out on me while riding one day. Checked it when I got back and, sure enough, no spark.
  6. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

i had just put my lighting harness on and run the light just once. just long enough to make sure it worked. has this been a known problem?
  7. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

i take it you got a new coil and problem solved?
  8. bhab Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 300, TC449
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco 2.9, KTM 200 XC-W
  9. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

was yours related to your lights or anything?
  10. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

just cleaned up the bike and took things back down so i could test the stator and it is working just fine. its the cdi box/coil.

cannt wait to see how much this is going to cost. this bikes for sale guys and its decked out ready to take to the races or do some serious trail riding!
  11. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

209.25 before shipping and tax.
  12. Eaglefreek Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    I saw some discussions regarding the Ducati ignition and the lights not cooperating. I haven't installed my lights because of this problem. I can't imagine it being a coincidence that your CDI box burnt out just after installing the lights.
  13. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

has it ever been a warranty issue? id sure like to not spend 209.25 if i dont have to.....
  14. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    That's why I didn't bother to install mine either.:excuseme:
  15. Eaglefreek Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    No idea, you would have to ask your dealer.
  16. Eaglefreek Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    Here's a quote from Bill from this thread http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/just-bought-an-11-wr300-have-qs.21050/page-1
    "We had some problems with the early 2011 WR250/300 having the wrong harness but the later ones came corrected.The lights are easy, its getting the dash wired in properly so you dont fry it is the confusing part.Look for just one yellow wire under the tank find that and we can get you dialed the rest of the way.billf

Now we just have to figure out how to tell if we have the bad wiring set up or the new.
    Dirtdame likes this.
  17. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I sure would like to know which wiring loom I have for mine, and then if it's good, I'd like the instructions.:popcorn:
  18. bhab Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 300, TC449
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco 2.9, KTM 200 XC-W
    I don't run any lights on mine. It just gave out while I was putting along looking for my friend's lost Gopro. I thought I had fouled a plug, but I swapped it on the trail and still no go. When I got it home I checked it out and had no spark, but the stator was putting out power, so I swapped out the coil and she fired right up.
  19. AC3 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph Street Triple R, KTM 400 EXC
    Do you know how to check the stator? I mean where do I attach my multimeter and what voltage should I be reading off?

Thanks,
  20. 080 Guest

Finally over a year later Husqvarna gave the dealer the new wiring diagram (no harness issue) and wired in my lights about a month ago. Since then I've had 3 rides. 1st went fine, 2nd ride the bike was getting hard to start taking 7-10 kicks after only sitting for a couple minutes. 3rd ride I unplugged the lights and guess what.... now it starts normal. My guess problem not solved, at least not on Husky's end. My end i'm probably going to install a 2010 ingnition and be done with it. I have to be honest, between this lighting issue, the thermostat going bad (causing a blown top end) and lack of customer support I have not been a very proud Husky owner.