1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc 2011 WR300

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by husqvarna39, Oct 1, 2011.

1. husqvarna39 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 Husqvarna WR300
    Anyone else have carb problems on there 2011WR300. I was told to replace the carb by the dealer. Its a Mikuni TMX38. The bike only has 2 rides on it. I was told to go to a Keihin carb
  2. madfish Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 300
    There was a factory upgrade jetting kit for the 2011. get that kit from dealer over 100 hours on mine untouched except rear brake pads and tires
  3. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    What's in the kit? I have an 09 Mikuni that's doing fine but I'm always looking for improvement.
  4. madfish Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 300
    Had different needle slide pilot and everything. My dealer said it was slightly different jetting because of digital ignition on the 2011 vs. analog
  5. Lincolnlock Husqvarna
    AA Class

Some people "like me" tuned and tuned on their factory Mikuni's and then finally get them dialed in. Then the next day the temperature changes and the carb is out of tune again. I replaced mine at 8 hours on the bike. No more issues. It's total garbage you have to do a carb swap on a new bike, but ultimately that is the "fix" for tuning problems. Mine ran better in the first 5 minutes it was on the bike, than it did with a week of tuning the Mikuni.
  6. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    Did you switch to a RB Designs Keihin? I'm waiting to see how the RB Designs modified Mikunis work out. There is a few out there and they are getting good feedback.

I've got my mikuni working pretty darn good if the weather changes a lot I can turn the air screw 1/8 turn and it's spot on.
    454x likes this.
  7. Lincolnlock Husqvarna
    AA Class

8. no e-button Husqvarna

Did this kit come with your bike as an extras?..I got a box of parts when I took delivery of my 2011 WR300 1 month ago and in it was some jets and a new needle I have not used. It runs okay now, but is hard to start. I dropped the clip because on my first ride it boged down low and ran like crap..
  9. giantjoe Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    I had to kick mine forever until I swapped out that little tiny "starter" jet that was in the same bag as the new needle. It's only roughly jetted now, but now it's a single kick to get it fired up.
  10. bigriver Husqvarna
    AA Class

2011 wr250 stock mikuni and it rips. These bikes dont need carbs out of the box. A dealer that tells you to put a new carb on a new bike should not sell bikes since they dont know how to work on them.
    454x, Bill502 and lankydoug like this.
  11. Marvin Fredrich Husqvarna
    C Class

The easiest fix and most rewarding is to replace it with the PWK Airstriker carb. This makes it easy to jet and it makes lots of clean crisp power. I've done this to my ride and I still don't understand why the dealers let the bikes go out the door so restricted with the Mikuni carb.
  12. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    I've been reading these posts about carb issues with the WR300 for over a year now. I can understand a few changes necessary with the ignition change, but sheesh... my '09 WR 300 ran like a scalded dog with a few minor tweaks to the stock Mikuni. The bike was so strong I sold it because I wasn't man enough to handle it. :D
    hogwackr and lankydoug like this.
  13. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    After some jetting on my 250 I'm kind of glad I didn't go for a 300 I would be riding a gear high everywhere to tame it down so why have it. BTW my 250 still has the Mikuni and it's fine although I left it a little rich on top to tame it down a hair.
  14. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    im with krieg, whats all the fuss about the mikuni? my 2010 wr300 was jetted/derestricted(changed slide & pipe) at the shop before i picked it up! put a pro circuit system on it and didnt change a thing and it goes like a cut snake! old mate mechanic @ bike shop took it for a spin with new exhaust system on it & reckoned it was still pretty good-said could maybe make small changes but if i was happy then leave it. mite run bit rich but shouldnt seize in a hurry, doesnt bog, fairly crisp, just needs standard cleanout after prolonged low revs like every 2 banger, never fouled a plug either. mainly sea level, hot/humid weather riding. never heard nothing about different carb. bit ignorant of carb settings so if anyone got any easy worthwhile changes let me know(better fuel economy mainly-downside of 2 stroke love)