1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 2012 125

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by earl61, Nov 29, 2011.

1. earl61 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thinking about a new 125,will be riding fast woods,GPs,and a little Moto.What would buy CR or WR and why.
  2. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    CR without hesitation. Do a search. You'll find that most everyone who opts for the WR eventually seeks the out of box performance of the CR. I'm sure I'll be pummeled for this post, but if you do the research yourself, you'll most likely agree with me.
    speedkills and jmetteer like this.
  3. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    I won't be doing any pummeling, krieg, and I'm a happy WR owner :)

If I were going to be doing fast woods (i.e. non-technical stuff) GP and MX, I'd run as fast as I could down to the local shop and cart away a 2012 CR150. After riding one in fast woods out at China Hat at the Husky Gathering, I momentarily entertained the idea of selling all my other bikes and getting back into MX. The bike was that good. Obviously I'm not going to do that...I'm too old and broken up for MX and I like the gnarly slow-going stuff, but I really wish I could justify owning one. I rode all the new bikes and some personal ones...about 10 bikes total...and the 2012 CR150 was by far the one that gave me the most instant gratification.
  4. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Sounds like a CR125 is the bike to me... It will be well suited to riding you describe. I still prefer the WR125 and it's big bore variants for my type of riding. Riding a CR125 convinced me I could ride a 125 and also that a WR125 would be better for the tight, technical riding I like. I have to run a plate and lights for enduros, so the stock lighting coil is a plus. I also do a lot of trail work for my club's enduro and hare scrambles, having a kickstand is nice. Horses for courses..... Get a CR125.
  5. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I have the 08 CR144 and LOVE it. I've ridden a friends WR125 and if i did tight slow stuff that required slow throttle inputs and crawl speeds I might go WR anything else....CR. Sounds like you need a CR. BTW the 144 makes the bikes that much better.
  6. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

From the reports I have heard the 12 WR ignition is good. But I think the CR still comes with better suspension which would still make it a better choice.
  7. montgob1 Husqvarna
    A Class

Get the CR. Just finished up a 30+ miler tonight in the slickest, tightest junk ive been on in a while with my 09 CR. If you want lights, then add em. If you want larger flywheel, then add it. dont sell yourself short from the get go with the WR. If it had gears or geometry changes then i would think harder but bikes are too similar to settle for less overall performace for a sucky headlight and 18" wheel. Im picking up my second CR150 in 8 months tomorrow, and i couldnt be happier for what i do with them.
  8. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165 w/36mm lectron.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 BETA 300RR w/36mm lectron.
    What are the differances between the 2??CR/WR
  9. montgob1 Husqvarna
    A Class

18" wheel and a few thousand post's about a bog.
  10. CelticDude Historically Fast!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    x
    I'm still dealing with the WR125 blues. Get the CR. Dan has one!
  11. vntgmx Husqvarna
    AA Class

CR all the way. The WR blues are not remotely worth it unless you need a tag and can get it tagged as in some states you can on the WR where as the CR is a no go on tags.
    I own both so I'm speaking from experience!
  12. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Cr, you can also throw a fly wheel weight on it to try, down the road. That is cheaper than changing out the ignition. Celtic, I think your mind might change after your carb comes back and is set up properly, along with powervalve.
  13. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Gee lets see what have I been saying since 2006.I said get a CR and go riding or get a WR then work on it to make it run like the CR.
  14. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    You sure took a beating on this one krieg! :D
  15. justplayin Husqvarna
    AA Class

I took your advice from the other thread when you told me to send it to RB. Mines on the way.
    As far as people saying "everybody buy's the WR and then works on it to make it run like a CR" obviously do not need/want tags to ride their bike. For me, going around in circles on a track get's boring. A tag opens up "tons" of riding oppertunities....just my opinion though.
  16. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Yep in that case I too would get the WR.....then make it run like my CR. I'm just glad we have options; one style just doesn't fit all.
  17. earl61 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I've been riding 2 strokes for almost 40 years,have been riding a txc 250 x-light for 6 months.It is the best production chassis I, ever rode the 10's&11's hade a few issues but the bike was great for what it was intended for.That being said it just was not me I,went good on it but it seemed bland.Thanks to everey one for good imput,I was thinking CR but wasn't sure till you told me what I,needed THANKS AGAIN!
  18. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Earl61,

What part of Indiana are you from?
  19. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I love my WR150. It runs great and I like the flywheel effect. I doubt a CR is any faster. Especially on the trail.
  20. earl61 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Southwestern In. Boonville coal mine country.