1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st 2012 2t Rumours

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Croc, Sep 4, 2010.

1. Croc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511
    Went to the official opening of my local Dealers shop today. Whilst I was there I spoke in depth to the dealer developer & sales manager for Husky Oz. Spoke to him about about next years bike & then asked what to expect for 2012 2t. The very strong rumour is that they will release a Direct injection 2t with a button, new frame & 6 speed box. Now I know its only a rumour, but atleast he would have more of an idea than most others would have. I know what I will be buying in 2012 if its true. So big updates for 4t next year & 2t updates the following year
  2. dfeckel Husqvarna
    AA Class

I also heard that the DI 2t 6-speed motor will be grail-shaped.

:)

Here's to hoping
  3. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I would settle for the girls who guard the grail shaped beacon from monty python in 2012
  4. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    The Castle Anthrax! Let the spankings begin! :thumbsup:
  5. Croc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511
    also I forgot, the head to be tilted at 70degrees like the Husaberg 4t with the pipe to go up over the top
  6. husky bom Husqvarna
    A Class

well this design has been around for a while it was used back in the day when moto gp used 500cc 2t race bikes it was never converted to dirt use ktm.. aprilla.. were the big developers in moto gp 125cc 2t race bikes but never used on their dirt bikes ie.. user friendly and tune ability. i hope we see di fi in 2t dirt bikes this will see probably a lot of 4t riders jumping ship including me cant wait
  7. rasputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

neither ktm nor aprilia used direct fuel injection. big difference.

r
  8. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Then what will have to moan about ? talk about ? play with ?
    mapping ?
    If that happens I cant see the prices being what they are now
    but it would be good to see two strokes being brought into thn new millenium
  9. tommytwostroke Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR125, 2017 TX300
    Nice...my sentiments, exactly!
  10. 2stroked Husqvarna
    A Class

KTM was supposed to do the DI thing awhile ago, I heard that's why they put the battery with the elec start, here's hoping though
  11. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Yo, use a little respect and common sense sense here and keep the 2t \ 4t pages clear of the off brand machines advertising ... At least till the thread has moved forward ... OK?
  12. husky bom Husqvarna
    A Class

on your soap box:cry:
  13. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    I was told that Cafe Husky was a comfortable place to discuss all brands of motorcycles..... So don't complain and be a "pain'', like me.:busted:
  14. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    lol ... maybe but it stops on the 2t / 4t pages ... The first news we hear on Huskies new 2ts and immediately the orange peanut gallery comes over ...

Can some one follow up on DI on the new 2t Huskies? bmw should love this idea as it fits their natural way of existing and adding new \ different technology for their machines ...
  15. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Yep, both sides have a point. I agree on the 4t and 2t pages, its about us not the other brands. However we are a collection of fair minded people Ray Ray and I too was a little taken aback with the flavour of the response. I am always comfortable here unlike TT where there are creatures lurking to bite your head off. Lets keep in mind the spirit of this site. Everyone can have and table a view or comment without fear or favour.
  16. jlk_250 Husqvarna
    A Class

Yeah, that's right. I say there should be a rule that if you don't own only Husqvarna motorcycles, Husqvarna lawn/garden equipment, a Husqvarna sewing machine, AND only Husqvarna guns, AND your only pet is a Husky breed of dog, you aren't allowed to post on CF. That'll get rid of the riff-raff that aren't true Husky believers.

Seriously, look at this thread. Unless it has been edited, KTM has been mentioned in 6 posts. 3 of them are by Ray-Ray. The other three were from three other people and they mention KTM only in passing, as in "KTM was rumored to be working on 2T direct injection years ago". Hardly anything KTM-loving or inappropriate considering this thread is about a rumor for a 2T Husqvarna DI. Lighten up, Francis!

BRP/Ski Doo has a direct injection 2T snowmobile that gets great mileage, produces low emissions, uses very little oil, and runs as strong as a regular old 2 stroke. Weight, complexity, and cost are the downsides, but they're not too bad IMO. I hope the Husqvarna DI rumors are true!
  17. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I took my updates out ... Who gives a crap about who ever \ what ever is being worked on \ ridden but a Husky?

bmw should drive the efi on 2ts ...What else are they gonna do with a 2t?
  18. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Geeeez, why all the uproar about KTM and GG on these pages. This thread was about husky rumors and DI EFI. Other manufactures make some DI EFI so that seems fare game to talk about, understand and use current examples no matter what brand to understand what might be in the future for our brand. This is a husky forum, we talk huskys. So what if KTM is referred to. Theres a lot of KTM bashing here too. I love huskys as much or more than the next guy, have no need to protectionism, it is build in :) The pointing out that someone is talking about KTM or GG is more distracting than the actual post.

As for the rumor last time i spoke with Scot was there was a lot of development going on. The next two years will be interesting and i see a strong movement back to clean 2 strokes. I fear with the KTM and other 2 strokes already pushing the 9K mark this might makes for some 10K 2 strokes and we will see if that sells or not.

Some good info here...

http://www.orbeng.com.au/orbital/directinjection/dioverview.htm

One interesting side note to DI EFI in the 2 stroke is it can drastically reduce the size need for the expansion chamber in some cases. A 2 stroke with a 4 stroke like pipe would be VERY cool. The pipe is the worst thing about a 2 stroke IMHO. People always complain about 4 stroke maintenance, if you think about all the pipes and fixed pipes most two stroke guys deal with and figure that in the 4 strokes start to look maintenance free.
  19. BadMotoWeazal Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I like motorcycles...all of them ; )
  20. A.Breton Husqvarna
    AA Class