1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 2012 CR 125 Pouring Gas

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Caferacerman, Aug 3, 2013.

1. Caferacerman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hey Guys,

Just noted that my son's CR pours gas out of the overflow? tube when the bike is leaned over - I am assuming this has something to do with the float either sticking or being out of adjustment? Is this a known issue?

Also, the screws holding the bowl on the carb are impossible to remove and before I bugger them more, thought I would check in to see if anyone has any suggestions on removal?

Thanks!
  2. Eaglefreek Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    It's supposed to leak fuel when leaned over, but how far is the question. If you are talking about just on the kickstand, that wouldn't be right. It would need a float adjustment. Try tapping the screwdriver handle with a hammer while you turn it. It might take 2 people in order to hold the carb firmly.
    sabortooth likes this.
  3. sabortooth No Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11uptite167
    Yea, When I laid mine on the side (dropped it:excuseme:) av & racing gas flowed hard. It concerned me a little and was hard to start while in a precarious situation. Thats why I went Lectron.
  4. Caferacerman Husqvarna
    AA Class

The odd thing is that if I lean the bike to the left, gas pours out but not if I lean the bike to the right? Does that sound like a float issue?
  5. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 wr144 with lectron carb, stuff!
    I have used this trick for removing phillips head screws that are starting to strip out. Don't laugh-it works sometimes! Make sure your screw-driver is in good shape and put a dab of tooth-paste on the end of it and give it a try. The grit in the tooth-paste helps the screw-driver grip the screw head better and helps to keep it from "climbing" out of the screw. My stock mikuni leaked fuel as well at times and i got tired of making multiple float adjustments-not to mention jetting changes! I installed a lectron-both problems solved:thumbsup:
    Caferacerman likes this.
  6. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    I've never had float issues with the mikuni. Yours may be a mm or s o out.
    Try changing bolts to Allen key type
    Same with ones on top of carb - makes it easy to remove top without removing carb
    Caferacerman likes this.
  7. txmxer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    future cr 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yz 250, Drz 110, etc
    another trick for stubborn screws that like to strip is getting an impact screw driver, they're like $7 at harbor freight and ace has them too. You put the impact in the screw then tap the end of it with a mallet and itll break the screw loose.
  8. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    If you remove the carb you can grab the outside of the screw heads with pliers to break them loose. If you live in the US then pm me with your address and I'll send you a set of Allen screws to replace the Phillips head screws
  9. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    Just grab the screws with vice grips and pop them loose, then spin them out with a screwdriver.

Spilling fuel out the overflow at a slight lean usually just means that the float adjustment is off. It's easy to set but you have to pull the carb to do it. Check google, lots of good info on how to do it, but the general idea is set the floats to parallel with the carb base when they just begin to touch the needle.

It might spill more tilted one way than the other because the overflow tube isn't right in the center of the carb...

The floats were a bit off on my 300 when it was stock, and it spilled fuel really easily. Quick adjustment of the float took care of it.
    sabortooth likes this.