2012 Enduro 2 Strokes - Images and Changes

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Ex HVUK, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Ex HVUK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    2012 2 Stroke info, based on European spec bikes:

WR125

[IMG]

[IMG]

Changes:
    • Revised frame - increased structural rigidity
    • Revised airbox
    • Black frame, new graphics and silver rims

WR250/300

[IMG]

[IMG]

Changes:
    • Just cosmetic - black frame, new graphics & silver rims.
  2. Croc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511
    They could have sold some more bikes if they updated them. Pretty poor effort
  3. husky bom Husqvarna
    A Class

looks like thay wont sell many of these bikes its the same as a 09 10 11 2t this is a bad think for husky and a good thing for ktm
  4. Croc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511
    Ktm are not much better, pretty much the same bike for the last 4 years for them to
  5. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    At least they are still making 2t bikes ... A new pipe would have been a good idea on the 250/300 machines ....
  6. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    I like the looks of the white frame and the black rims better. As far as changing anything, I like my 09 just how it is unless they would make it considerably lighter or add direct injection I prefer the low price which leaves me money to customize it to my liking.
    robertk61 and MOTORHEAD like this.
  7. boisedave Husqvarna
    AA Class

Kind of a bummer that there aren't any updates... maybe 2013....
  8. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250

I agree. I really don't know why some want a new bike so bad. With the current bike we get much better parts availability in both OE and aftermarket, product knowledge, bullet proof design, along with a great price.
    Going to some crazy new design may not work as good, i.e. BMW450, and things like direct injection will end up being a P.I.T.A. until all the bugs are worked out, like the current Mikuni EFI.
    Give me the current bike at a great price until they field tested some crazy new design for about 5 years of EWC racing and proven it's BETTER than what we have. [IMG]
  9. Clete Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '01 CR/WR 250, '13 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '06 Suzuki SV650 (gone)
    I think an updated model without e-start would be a big miss considering other brands of 2t's have it.
  10. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

I thought the WR125 would get a digital ignition with different maps. Didn't they do this for the 250? Are they still making the 150?
  11. Ex HVUK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    The 250/300 got a new ignition system last year but not with switchable maps.

The WR150 has never been an official European model (it isn't street homologated for Europe where as the 125 is) so it's not in our line up. I'm not sure if it will be produced as an individual model again or simply offered as a kit deal.

Dave
  12. typeone Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TC270 + 09 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 X4 146 + 13 250RR
    i think i read the 150 will go away but the 144 kit will still be available as an upgrade.
  13. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    if it works dont fix it....i dig the 07 layout, a lot. it still rips with the right rider...see 2t worlds @ GH.
    2t with e-start is kinda much...adds to cost and complexity. the buttons nice in some spots and for cool points showing off to buddies but...jeez, on a 2t? if i can kick-start one anyone can.
    black rims are nice looking- but, not for long in rocks. silver dont get knackered lookin as fast.
    and if i can get a new hoosk for under 4200$ during blow-outs more's the better. i've seen 09 250/300 for 2900 to 3100$. ktm's the main competition. both are worthy mounts, and, they are really different bikes. neither creates an edge for me so i stick w/ the tool that works and is cheapest and easiest to maintiain.

and- we get George @ Uptite (as well as this forum and it's dealer network that goes out of its way to help its customers) as a bonus....that in itself is worth the price of admission. you wont find that kind of help or dedication to the band @ KTM or any other maker.
    lankydoug likes this.
  14. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The problem with a all new series of two strokes is :

The reliablity issues of a all new model
    They a going to be big chips (pushing $9000+)

Like lankydoud said it is nice to a great affordable platform to build from[IMG]
  15. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Glad someone said it, I think Kobe got fined for something like this[IMG]
  16. seppl69 Husqvarna

17. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    pop's told me ya cant start it dont ride it. i make my buddies kick start their e-start thumpers too before we split ta make sure they can. makes sense when yer 30 miles from the truck and stall it. "uhoh..now what??" kick or walk, my seats only big enough for one hairy rump lol.
    MOTORHEAD likes this.
  18. pat ohara Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    yes , 2 WR's
    Other Motorcycles:
    Old Style Husaberg,
    Too Funny,,,,, Anyway leave the WR's alone. No need for Direct-injection, formula one it ain't. The simplicity of the 2-stroke Huskys are it's best offering plus the price is right. They handle so well and are for us old timers pure Euro' as they say in the Mag's. Simple, functional and the Italian flair for looks. What would you gain with fuel injection? very little.PWK's don't need a lap top to function just stuff like needles and jet's, cheap stuff. We as American consumers always want what we perceive as better, or the old bitching point in the Dirt books about the chain being on the wrong side. Although i do like the white frame and dark rims on those i own better. They would be cool with the co-axle setup just to trick it up a bit, and a 6 speed trans. OOps.
    MOTORHEAD and pvduke like this.
  19. pat ohara Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    yes , 2 WR's
    Other Motorcycles:
    Old Style Husaberg,
    Did you all know the chain is on the wrong side?[IMG]
  20. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...