2012 Enduro 4 Strokes - Images and Changes

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Ex HVUK, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Ex HVUK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Here we go - 2012 4 stroke Enduro images and changes. This is all European based info, I don't have access to definitive US information:

TE250 / 310

[IMG]

[IMG]

Summary of changes for 250/310:
    • Kayaba rear shock
    • New Leo Vince produced exhaust system for increased performance
    • Revised frame - increased structural rigidity
    • New handlebar clamps
    • New fork settings - harder spring, revised damping
    • Black frame, silver rims & new graphics

TE449 / 511

[IMG]

[IMG]

Summary of changes for 449/511:
    • Revised mapping for smoother power delivery
    • Upgraded cooling system (new radiators)
    • Revised wiring harness- lighter / less complicated
    • Rear shock 4mm shorter with revised damping
    • New rear shock protector
    • New fork settings - harder
    • Revised frame - increased structural rigidity
    • New one piece rear mudguard (fender)
    • Heat shield on front exhaust header (same as SMR fitment)
    • Ignition switch removed
    • Black frame, silver rims and new graphics
    Will do 2 Strokes as separate thread but not so many changes there..

Dave
  2. koops46 Husqvarna
    C Class

I have been looking at the te 449 for a while now predominately as a race bike and secondly as a trailbike. But those 310 look so light and fast in picture i dont know what to do!!
  3. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Sweet! I like them all! Are these models actually gonna be sold in the usa before the new year?
  4. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    As a race bike I would look first at the 310, or a TXC 250. The 449 is a neat bike, but as a race platform isn't as refined/race ready as the smaller bikes are. Not saying the 449 can't be raced, but 250/310 are much closer to race bikes out of the crate than the 449 is. The very first time you have to pick up that 449 after a get off you will be wishing for something smaller. For me at least, I find myself having to work around some of the oddities of the 449 instead of working with the bike like I do with my TXC 250.

The 2012 449/511's are at least much better looking than the '11 was. A little graphics go a long way on that bike.
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Not sure why you say that. I had a 2010 TXC250 and this new 511 is a better bike IMHO and I am probably a little faster on it. the EFI is lightyears ahead, the suspension is excellent, the CTS works and pays benefits, the list goes on and on for me. I guess it depends on your ride area, what type of bike works for you and your riding style. Oppisite of your feelsing i find the bike super accomidating and rewards, far from having to work around anything. IMHO.

Cory Graffunder has it in first place in the WORCS series so it is a viable platform.
  6. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Not saying that it is a horrible bike, just that it isn't my cup of tea under race conditions. Yes, the Keihin EFI works better than the mikuni of the txc. I didn't find the suspension to be great or horrible, just there. And yes, the cts definitely has it's pluses. Especially on rocky loose uphills. As a dual sport or medium intensity trail bike I would consider it an option. But for me as a race bike I want light, nimble and easily adaptable. None of those describe the TE 449 in my book. It's a good thing husky has an all around good lineup, so all of us with our different taste's and want's get a bike that satisfies. [IMG]
    HuskyT likes this.
  7. vettaboy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 310
    Not a fan of the silver rims.
  8. eramsey Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310
    Thanks Dave for getting this info out. Was wanting to see what the changes would be for 2012. Nice to see the frame, suspension and engine upgrades. Very interested to see how the modified engine performance is. Since they have the new Leo Vince pipe on I suspect the EFI mapping must have been modified to give the "improved power across the rev range" as quoted form the news page on HVUK. Hopefully the US will get these machines in quick like the UK (July release).
  9. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    They all look good to me without the Karoo's. [IMG]
  10. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Some sort of gunsights should have been added to this bike (449)... I'm not sure why they are purposely omitting them from these model machines ...

My 08 TXC250 has the Husky emblem on it in several places... Does the 449 have the emblem on it anywhere? Or even the name Husqvarna on it anywhere but on the tank plastic?
  11. eramsey Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310
    The TE310/250 and WR 2 smoke tank shrouds are shaped like the Husqvarna logo ("gunsights") ? ........
  12. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I was referring to the 449\511 models only ...
  13. Bobby Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TXC310Rx2,
    Other Motorcycles:
    G450X, HP2E, 10 R12ADV, GasGas280
    449/511 has a raised logo on front fender and graphic on rear fender.

What I am waiting for them to announce and then maybe actually get in at a decent time this calendar year is a 2012 TXC310, that I will buy for myself!
  14. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Ohhhh, dito! TXC 310 would sell like hot cakes here. I've got a few buddies seriously looking at a TXC 250 and a 310 would be a no brainer. Make it Husky and we will come.
  15. HomeFinance Husqvarna
    A Class

The 2010 TXC 250 is the same bike as the TE 250. Just minus the street legal stuff. I am sure a TXC 310 would be a stripped down TE 310
  16. Bobby Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TXC310Rx2,
    Other Motorcycles:
    G450X, HP2E, 10 R12ADV, GasGas280
    not exactly, TXC has closed chamber front forks which is a significant difference to me, i've ridden both enough to know the closed cartridge Kayaba's are my cup of tea and the fact the TXC has minimal wiring and different stator means a little more free revving and less weight without all the lighting connectors let alone the lighting equipment.
  17. Slowpoke Husqvarna
    AA Class

I believe the TXC has the same stator as the TE- at least up to 09. The difference in those years was the TC top end, steering angle & less gadgetry. Not sure what they did for 2010-11.......
  18. TXC&KTM Husqvarna
    AA Class

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I'm looking hard at the TE line (250 or 310). Are these still Mikuni FI? If so, are they reliable? I've heard plenty of complaints about them...
  19. DG Harv Serv Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yes and Yes !

I have had 3 Mikuni FI Huskys . Had a problem with one (2010 TE450) which was traced to a broken wire (can happen on any EFI ) .

Other than that no dramas . Might need a bit of fine tuning with Ibeat (Husky software) , similar to jetting changes . But thats normal .