1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 2012 Husky Cr 125 noob questions!

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Bigoldbeef, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Bigoldbeef Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna Cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    07 Suzuki Drz 400s
    Hey everyone!

I'm going to be pickup up a new 2012 Cr 125 in 2 weeks.

Mainly going to use just as a play bike, riding motocross and trails.

I haven't rode a bike in 3 years, and haven't rode a 2t in over 15 years.

When I quit riding, I was an A/B level local rider

I plan on keeping it at 125cc's until 20-25 hours or so, that way I can get used to the bike and get used to riding again.

I plan on buying a header and silencer for it, and put those on before I ride it. I'm 6'0 tall and around 175 lbs with gear on.

I want a pipe that will add good amount of power across the entire powerband, but I am mainly focused on top end. I have heard good things about the scalvini's, plus they look totally awesome!

I have heard a lot of good things about the Lectron Carbs, also. I do eventually want to make my cr a 165, so i'm not sure if I would be better off buying one as soon as i get the bike, or waiting until I decide to upgrade to a 165. I don't want to buy a 36mm carb and then end up needing a 38 for the 165 kit, if you know what i mean.

Is the stock jetting pretty spot on? What about with an aftermarket exhaust? I live in Ohio, very high humidity and 80 degree's + in the summer, around 600-1200 feet above sea level.

Flywheel weight a bad idea on a 125? I know they are pretty beneficial on a 250 2t.

If anyone could help me with some of my questions I have, or has any other suggestions I would really appreciate it!

Thanks everyone!
  2. bsh7680 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 CR 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    04 PW 50, 08 KTM 50 JR Pro
    I just got the same bike about month ago. it already had a FMF pipe with the stock silencer. the 144 kit was already installed, and the only thing I have done is bought a suzuki needle for the carb. It crispened up the low end. I am also looking at a flywheel weight, just for the fact the I think it will help with the traction. I do not know what weight yet. I think you should ride it a few times first before doing to much. The suspension is awesome for the woods. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I sell the Lectron so take my words with a grain of salt. I think it works fantastic and far better than any jetted carb. The 38 will work fine on both the 125 and 165 kit. The stock carb can work Ok to so it is not a must buy purchase but a nice upgrade when you feel like it. JD jet kit makes the stock carb work pretty good but if you plan on getting a Lectron you might not want to drop the $$ on that.

As for the pipe the FMF is very good too. My favorite is the Doma but near impossible to fine and needs mods to fit. I have heard nothing but great things about the scalvini but have not got to test it myself. Did ride Tims bike with one but it was a short ride and it had a engine kit. Yes, dead sexy pipe. usually those that have a million welds are strong too.

Grease all your bearings including the head bearings. Do it NOW or replace them soon. Come with just a dab of crap grease.

at 175 you might not need springs but will probably need revalve at some point for riding trail.

Fantastic bikes, you are going to be in for a thrill. Best handling bike on the planet.