1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc 2012 Squeaky rear wheel bearings/breaks

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Guy Lozito, May 8, 2012.

1. Guy Lozito Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2 Suzuki RM 125's
    So I purchased a brand new WR250 from a reputable dealer in Western PA. Their claim to fame is that they do a 5 hour race prep on each bike prior to the sale.

Well I got the bike home, and basically left it in my garage while I followed the extensive break in period instructions. Somehow, the top engine mount bolt sheared off, and I didn't notice for day or so when I saw it on the ground. This was somewhat disconcerting since I never even torqued the motor other than revving to break it in.

Following that, I replaced the bolt with temporary one while waiting for the dealer to send the replacement. During that time, I took it out once off road (<1/2 hour max) and now I am hearing a terrible squeaking noise coming either from the floating rotor or the rear bearings.

Anyone have any ideas? I will eventually have to take it back to the dealer, but it's an hour trip and not easy to fit into my schedule.

Everything else seems fine, still a little hard to kick start as it's not broken in yet, I imagine it will get easier.

Thanks for any suggestions.
  2. hogwackr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    18 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    13 HD Street Glide
    It's hard to "hear" things over the internet but I would assume it's just the Husky rotor rattle. Can you hear it when the bike is running but sitting still or only when moving?
  3. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

that awsome rotor rattle will fail a 96db sound test.
  4. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

If the rear brake is squealing you may have a small rock lodged in it.
  5. Guy Lozito Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2 Suzuki RM 125's
    The sound only happens when moving, and it hasn't seen anything but clean cut yard grass. I found a post on hear about a good place to get spec bolts and they should be here today. I'll see if the noise goes away after I put some time on it. Thanks for than help, can't wait to get this thing out.