2012 Txc 310 On Motoshow With President Of Hvna

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by slyfox, Aug 14, 2011.

1. slyfox Husqvarna
    AA Class

Looks pretty good. Can't wait to get my hands on one.

2. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    I thought the HVNA president's rundown on the bike was pretty dull and lackluster. It certainly didn't leave me wanting to rush out and buy one anymore than I did before. They need some people that know how to MARKET product, to get people excited about it. Hopefully, this guy can do the job once he gets his sea legs. But I'm having my doubts...
  3. Phoenix Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TXC 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2 Ducs, 14 GG 200, 13 Husa 300
    Saw that on their facebook page today...the presentation was dull as you said, but I am still extremely excited! I was hoping he would elaborate a little more on the "new EFI" and other technical aspects of the bike. Anyway, so where do I send my money???
  4. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    What did you expect the president of a company to say? Were the specifics on the frame confusing?
  5. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Hummm I didn't find it that dull to be honest. I think if they had more than a few minutes they could have talked about it in more detail but it has me thinking about one. It would be very cool if it does have lots of off idle power. We shall see. Thanks for posting up the link.
  6. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I'm not sure where that show came from or is going, but it just might reach many young viewers.... I'm sure Laurette has a fan base of jumbo size to watch show 1 .... ;) Someone at Husky is trying to advertise the bikes!...

Did you notice he threw out the name Corey Eastman at the end ...

If I had a job.... I'd buy one ..
  7. hammer Husqvarna
    AA Class

I remember a time not too long ago that a few said "I wish the 449 had a kick starter".
  8. Phoenix Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TXC 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2 Ducs, 14 GG 200, 13 Husa 300
    More than anything, I find it beyond awesome that Husky is listening to the users. We asked for a TXC 310 and we got a TXC 310 and they certainly did a great job of keeping it under wraps.
  9. Daniel508s Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TC510
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Suzuki RMz450, 2013 KTM250sx
    Very cool:thumbsup: Got to see Jim Holley race in the 1980's, cool guy back then. One of my favorites. Looking forward to more shows on YouTube.
  10. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Yep ... it was kept pretty quite ... Corey's bike... Marketing guys have big budgets ... Lets hope Corey has the biggest budget also to push this bike into the public's eyes...

Maybe Meo should get on this bike?

With that 500,000 osculation thing going up and down, from side to side, this bike might be a real chick magnet ...
  11. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    It's of rather limited use. You can't kickstart it with a completely dead battery.
  12. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

I thought he did a good job of promoting the bike without going over the top. Remember he is on for a pretty limited time and has to keep it fairly generic to cover the points.
  13. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I thought it was really good and kudos to Husky for being on the first show. I also like the fact that the President did it rather than someone else. The guy has been around the bikes and that is more than I can say for Husky in the past.

I am not buying this race inspired new exhaust though, looks to me like it is a TE 310 header with O2 hole and a 2005 silencer can. The TXC 310 I built in my head had the Hard Parts Leo race exhaust with resonator chamber on the header. Steel header with titanium silencer to be exact. Seriously how cool is that I could pause this video and actually study the bike! Did those frame rails get pancaked or is it the black paint making it look that way?

Travis is nuts!
  14. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    For those who are curious, 24 minutes, 40 seconds is where Kris's part starts, ends at 29:00

Personally I thought Kris did great, he really was not given a lot of time..

I've lost track - Kiehin or Mikuni on the 2012 txc310?

edit: 4 or 5.. one minute commercials. On the plus side, they were about bikes and somewhat interesting...
  15. slyfox Husqvarna
    AA Class

looks like its still mikuni

I think he mentioned it (efi) has been completely reworked and also towards the end suggested that the off idle and low end has been improved.

I thought he seemed to try to address many of the complaints about last years TE in a round about way.
  16. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I think this is of interest to more than the 4stroke people, I'll change the title a bit and move it over to the Newsroom where everyone can see it :)
  17. TXC&KTM Husqvarna
    AA Class

Maybe I'm missing it, but I fail to understand how this is not an un-plate-able TE 310...
  18. Bill502 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 WR167 1978 CR250 1938 sw maus
    Other Motorcycles:
    1970 Triumph T100C 1973 Honda TL125
    So does it have KYB's front and rear as the Pres says, or A Sachs in the rear as Joe Chod saw in Finnland!
  19. DG Harv Serv Husqvarna
    AA Class

That bike has KYB front and rear . All TE's do to acording to photos / press reports .
  20. mxracernumber1 Husqvarna
    A Class

Yeah! A factory tank that holds liquid gas and not just the vapors!!!