1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 2012 WR125/144 with questions: pipe and electric

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by MMMOTORCYCLE, Feb 17, 2013.

1. MMMOTORCYCLE Husqvarna
    AA Class

I just picked up a new WR125. It will be converted to the 144 with a Lectron carb.

What FMF pipe/silencer will fit (need a spark arrestor)? I see others refering to the "200" pipe? 200 what? KTM? what model? Knarly?

How does this oem bash plate mount? The 2 forward mounts dont line up with anything?!?

Looking to dual sport it...OEM headlight assembly and either oem taillight or Acerbis X-LED light (anyone have the Acerbis?)

I have never owned a "new" 2 stroke..what's proper break-in procedure? Any how to's out there for the 144 conversion?

Thanks
    MichaelMichaelMotorcycle
  2. Idacurt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 WB177
    Other Motorcycles:
    Scorpa 175
    FMF only makes a fatty for the 125,works great.The 200 pipe is tuned for the 165.The great folks here will chime in about your other ?'s
  3. Aviduser Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 cr 165
    Break in is going to be all speculation.

Some guys do heat cycles, then easy riding till eventually wfo.

Others let it fully warm up and ride it like any other time. In order to completely bed in the piston ring.

One thing ppl seem to agree on is not to keep it running at the same rpm, even when idling.

I don't know about how to's for a 144 kit? You need a service manual IMO before you do any motor work. But its quite simple to do.
  4. MMMOTORCYCLE Husqvarna
    AA Class

5. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    I have the Acerbis X-Led on my WR300. It's a pretty nice piece. It's pretty small, but it does have brake, tail, and a plate light. It looks more legit than some of the really small LED tails (like the Acerbis tiny one) but it's still very slim.
  6. MMMOTORCYCLE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Kyle...any pics? Does it look like it belongs on the bike or an afterthought?
  7. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    Look in the 2st index thread... Matt wrote up a step by step how to install a 165 kit... Should be exact same procedure for the 144. I'd never done a top end before, and it was cake...

If your going 144, don't worry about the 200 pipes... 200 pipes are for the 165 kit.

For a spark arrestor, I think the most available option is the FMF turbinecore II

Good luck!
  8. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    I think it looks great (or as good as a taillight & plate can possibly look):

[IMG]

There is a bracket that is built into it that holds it to the bike, you can see the three small screws that bolt it on. I think it looks clean.

I added a banjo bolt pressure switch to the rear brake pedal, so I have a tail and brake light. Good enough to be enduro legal and will keep me out of trouble on short road sections between trails. Definitely not full-on legal, but it's the thought that counts, right?
    Jersey Woods likes this.
  9. MMMOTORCYCLE Husqvarna
    AA Class

That looks great, just ordered one. Thanks for the pic
  10. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    When you do the conversion make sure you get a good understanding of how the power valve connections all work - thats the trickiest part.
    Also check that the power valve is fully opening when the mechanism is in open position - check in exhaust with fingers.
    Ive found that mine wasnt fully opening and wasnt getting true performance .

I put a fmf fatty on with standard silencer but thats on older model
    steadydirt likes this.
  11. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    fyi the pro circuit platinum 2 is 18 ga like an fmf gnarly fmf fatties are 19ga pc also has the type296 a/s you need that oem bash plate just clips on in front & two bolts go in the holes too pinch it tight don't forget to drill a big hole so you can get to the drain plug btw you CAN knock a hole in those ricochet offroad in Utah & emperor racing in BC Canada seem too be the only source for a a real one as Kelly & Mike are too busy riding & shipping lectrons too get there's finished it's slowing down R&D on the case savers too IMHO thanks alot KELLY i use that all the time now LOL
  12. MMMOTORCYCLE Husqvarna
    AA Class

After looking closer at the bash plate I figured it out (but missing half the hardware? only came with one rear mounting bolt and one front bolt/spacer).

Ordered the FMF Fatty and a guard, Ive had good luck with my FMF's in the past.

I have to let the credit card cool off for a bit...

Thanks
    Mike
  13. bdl507 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    99 wr360
    Other Motorcycles:
    rd350 dr650 tt500 pe250 hondas lots
    Picked up my 2013 friday it was also missing half the hardware for the skid plate too
  14. MMMOTORCYCLE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Just curious if your '13 came with a headlight/taillight? My '12 did not but some of the early one's apparently did. Not sure what wiring I need now to put them on. Anyone with a pic of their stock wiring harness that came WITH a headlight/tailight?

The only lead i have is a yellow pig tailed wire with a female blade connection.
    [IMG]
  15. bdl507 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    99 wr360
    Other Motorcycles:
    rd350 dr650 tt500 pe250 hondas lots
    It didn't come with lights but I wouldn't have used them I will be starting to make a wiring harnes I got the smallest lights I could to put on bike I want legal not function I already have my tank off and at a quick look I only remember a yellow wire too
  16. MMMOTORCYCLE Husqvarna
    AA Class

I want to install an OEM Headlight, Acerbis X-LED taillight/brakelight,rear hydraulic brake switch and a Trail Tech Endurance II computer. Any idea which wiring harness I need 8000H0290 or 8000H0061? Will the stock stator handle the load? I recall seeing the stock stator put our 110watts...is that correct?
  17. MMMOTORCYCLE Husqvarna
    AA Class

Got the 144cc conversion done, Lectron 36mm carb, FMF Fatty and TurbineCore2 installed...AWESOME ! Cant wait to ride the woods
    [IMG]

On to the electric. Ordered wiring harness part# 8000H0061
    [IMG]
    The tail end is on the left (yellow/blue with single pin connectors). Middle is main power connection (yellow with male blade connection), ground (blue wire with ring connector) another yellow power wire with a female power connection. The front has a 10 pin connector with only 4 wires (two yellow, blue, black), small 2 pin female connector (blue,black wire) and lastly two single pin female connectors (yellow,blue).
    I have installed a Husqvarna headlight assembly(used), Acerbis X-LED taillight/brakelight, Tusk hydraulic rear brake switch and a TrailTech EnduranceII computer.
    [IMG]
    A quick note..I AM NOT AN ELECTRICIAN AND KNOW VERY LITTLE ABOUT THIS STUFF. JUST DOCUMENTING MY EXPERIENCE.

Any electrical engineers what to chime in before I zap myself...please chime in :eek: This is a work in progress so please correct me before the volts do.

I am replacing the connectors with GM Weather Pack's.

I'll follow up when I get things all connected a running.

Mike

****UPDATE*****
    All be damned, it worked!:applause:

Wire diagram above has been updated.

Now if I can just get the temps over 40, all would be good.
    lankydoug, K.Forte', guscycle and 2 others like this.
  18. sabortooth No Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11uptite167
    She's a Beaut.
  19. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Thats not fair . You cant have it running great right from the start .
    Looks great - good choices so far. Let us know how she goes
  20. CelticDude Historically Fast!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    x
    The diagram looks fine. Remember that this wiring loom was designed for the street version and has a connector for the battery. If you want to have too much fun with the 144 kit get the Scalvini pipe. It kicks in from mid range to top end and will make you laugh out loud at how hard it hits. :cheers: