1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 2012 WR125 First Ride impressions

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Clutch250f, May 14, 2013.

1. Clutch250f Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 Wr250f, 2001 Wr250f
    I'll start this out by setting the stage for you. Today I have a CIF (Central Issuing Facility) inspection. So that meant after PT I had to bring all my crap to the company area to get it looked at so it'll pass inspection and get turned in next Monday. After that I had a mandatory class on Equal Opportunity (Yes death by PowerPoint). By this time it's 1200, So I did a quick errand then I gathered up my battle buddies and we hit the road. With my new Husky in the bed of my truck a cheap Walmart Helmet (All my gear is in Seattle) Wore combat boots for some form of ankle protection. (No I do not support this level of protection but I don't want to buy more gear when I'll be home in about two weeks). So we drove about 50 miles away from base to a trail system that was pretty dusty and covered in rolling rocks. A perfect way to test the suspension and test the bikes power.
    After getting the bike off the trailer fired her up one kick no choke super pumped. I ran a 40:1 ratio of premix in the bike sadly I couldn't get yamalube so I got some 2 stroke stuff from Auto Zone. So first trail I hit tons of rocks and hills. All I can say is wow.. It took me a little while to get use to the lack of engine braking and the occasional throttle blip to keep her running but I was able to really put the bike under a load and see how she ran. Well I can say that this bike can haul. Zero issues blasting up a rocky hill in a gear too high or too low. I wanted to see what she'd do, and again preformed beautifully. After the hill section of course I had massive arm pump, the dealership had made the front forks harder then rock. Did a quick adjustment and hit some more trails. She corners like a champ, loves to be used like a four stroke yet will pick up and rip like the two stroke that she is. Again the suspension was not set for me, and I see that I need to replace the spring maybe had Les go through it and have it revalved, It needs a quieter muffler; the one on it is way too loud for my taste and a spark arrester is a must, also it really needs hand guards, I hit my hands several times on branches and I miss the ones on my WR290f.
    So In all myself and my battle buddies who rode the bike today had nothing but smiles coming off the bike. They couldn't believe how much fun this little bike is. I can't believe how light it is, or how useable the power is on the trails. I never bogged out the bike, and every trail i ripped around. All I can say, Best buy of the year! I am truly excited to really set this bike up for myself and ride it till they don't make parts for it anymore.
    john01 likes this.
  2. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Welcome to the club - You dont need genuine parts - ive needed nothing in three years pretty much . Chains , sprockets, and brake pads are all non genuine
    You will get it sorted
  3. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    see told ya small bore huskies ROCK wait till u wally bean it woowoo big fun u bet
  4. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 wr144 with lectron carb, stuff!
  5. sabortooth No Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11uptite167
    Hey Clutch did you get the 144 kit? The bike will shine with a bigger bore.
    I rarely use 1st and 2nd and can pull really steep hills in 4th or higher with my 167.
    Glad to hear you treated your buds to a great afternoon on the Husky.
  6. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Yep we told ya :D! Big congrats again and once you get the suspension sorted it just gets funner. Enjoy! BTW thanks to you and all your buds for your service :cheers:.
  7. HuskyTaylor Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 TE310 12 WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 FLHR 77 Triumph
    They are sweet little bikes and I love mine. I agree they are too loud, post up what you find that is not as loud.
  8. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    A DB snorkel
    I run one and it definitely gets the sneer out of the noise

It looks a bit dorky but it works
    no charging cows anymore so my riding buddy's getting a safer passage :D
    DSC00052.JPG
    Robert-Jan
  9. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    thats a nice pic
    does it sap the power RJ?
  10. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    No there is in my experience not a power loss

only less sneer (there is still noise from the air intake) and easier with cleaning the bike, also the occasionally sink/sliding it in the water is less a risk for your engine flooding (more time to get it out before it gets critical)

Robert-Jan
  11. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

http://www.knoxenduro.com Knoxville, Tennessee
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Husqvarna WR125 1997 Fantic
    I think a lot of the perceived noise is from the intake. I have thought about taping up some of the airbox openings.
  12. Clutch250f Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 Wr250f, 2001 Wr250f
    I was considering a FMF shorty with a silencer. Since I need it pretty quiet for Washington State plus I need a spark arrester.
  13. Clutch250f Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 Wr250f, 2001 Wr250f
    Does anyone know where I can find new plastic for the WR? The lower radiator shroud on mine is broken and i'd like to get a new rear fender since the one that's on there is covered in what seems grease or something from the dealership.
  14. HuskyTaylor Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 TE310 12 WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 FLHR 77 Triumph
    That is exhaust spooge and should wax off.