1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 2012 WR125 front forks?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by zade, Jan 29, 2013.

1. zade Husqvarna
    A Class

Hi Folks,
    I just bought a 2012 WR125 to replace my 2008 WR125...
    The forks are obviously different but i can't seem to get any set-up info on them
    (my memory stick manual doesn't open!)

The suspension is very different to my old bike! the forks are hard as rock while the rear shock is like a pogo stick! But to be fair i haven't yet set it up...

I've been advised to change the fork oil to 5 weight but when i drained the old oil out i found one fork leg had about 200ml while the other was almost empty!!

So.... to my question at last...

Can anyone tell me how much Fork oil to put in them...?

Many thanks
    zade
    www.lfb-enduro.com

IMG_0634.jpg
  2. zade Husqvarna
    A Class

Ok i think i've figured it out...
    I've got to measure the air gap and that tells me how much oil to put in....
    Phew, that was hard work!
    zade
    www.lfb-enduro.com
  3. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    ah, yer on it. and measure your fork OAL too..(overall lentgh) deduce your projection above the top clamp from there (rarely equal) so the axle goes in easy and your forks aitn sticky. makes a big dif. set that sag man...then the clickers. Huksy AU should have downloads on the clicker settings etc. i think HvNA does too?
  4. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    "The suspension is very different to my old bike! the forks are hard as rock while the rear shock is like a pogo stick! But to be fair i haven't yet set it up..."

I like the 45mm MZ forks on my 08 better than '11 310

How many bikes you got ? - I can see 5
  5. zade Husqvarna
    A Class

Thanks guys, yes i wanna get the fork oil right then mess about with the settings... I'm just amazed that the suspension is so far out on this new bike! my last 3 Huskies have been almost perfect straight out the box!! - just a few clicks this way or that and they worked perfectly!

And Rockdancer, they're not all my bikes. I share the workshop with some Supermoto guys (space ain't cheap here in London!!) But the rest of my bikes are at an even more secret location... But to answer the question...15 bikes (only 6 of em Huskies) so yes - I'm busy fixing somthing I've broken on one or the other of them almost all the time! :(

Cheers guys
    zade
    www.lfb-enduro.com