1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc 2012 wr300 clutch problem!

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by craig ferrero, Jul 18, 2013.

1. craig ferrero Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    1993 cr250r 2009 klx 2009
    I have a 2012 wr300 and when the bike gets hot it wont go into neutral. It' only the first time I gave the bike a good ride. I tried adjuster by the clutch lever and didn't seem to help. Maybe I have to adjust the other one by the radiator?? Anyone have this problem and know what has to be done to fix it?? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!
  2. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    When the engine is cold, take the clutch cover off and adjust the screw in the middle of the pressure plate so that it has a quarter turn of free play from bottoming. Then order yourself a Motion Pro Terminator clutch cable. The stock cable housing collapses too much, but the Motion Pro Terminator cable is longitudinally wound, so it doesn't collapse and more of the movement at the lever will transmit more separation of the clutch plates.
    ray_ray likes this.
  3. Eaglefreek Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    Mine's tough to get in to neutral when it's running. But, I'm able to find it when I don't want to.
    braddenning, lankydoug, K5PL5 and 4 others like this.
  4. craig ferrero Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Put the new cable on and when the bike is in gear(not running)if I pull in the clutch lever bike still in gear and can't really push it. Tried adjusting at both point but still have drag when clutch in pulled in and bike is in gear. I read that their should be some drag?
  5. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
    I would say thats normal for most bikes, more so if the engine is cold.
  6. craig ferrero Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Im not a big fan of this bike!! Tough to get parts(takes 5-7 days) and terrible customer support. Should have bought another Honda !. I have a 93 cr250 I bought brand new and still own today. Never a problem with it. Runs better than the Husky!!!
  7. craig ferrero Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    4k and it's yours!
  8. husky3002t Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr300
    clutches are the biggest downfall with this bike....i solved all my clutch issues by putting a magura hydro clutch on
  9. mark animal100 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wre125
    Other Motorcycles:
    cr125
    my wre125 same problem ive tryd oil 5w40 10w40 15w40 cheaked clutch all good and its a new bike dealer says that's how they r ,wish I never boght it husky r trouble also bad electrics
  10. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    I have no problems with my 08 WR250 ...

102_4525.JPG
    Myles Walshe likes this.
  11. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Maybe this will help you feel better?
    102_4497.JPG
    Myles Walshe likes this.
  12. Myles Walshe Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Been and gone, TL1000R & FIreblade
    Sorry to hear you are not a fan of husky.

No such thing as a bad bike, just the wrong bike for you. I've never owned a bike (or car for that matter) that didn't have something I didn't like.. It gets expensive trying to find the one that does it all.
  13. mark animal100 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wre125
    Other Motorcycles:
    cr125
    id love the bike if it wernt for the clutch its horrible riding with no neutral any iders what happens if I remove a clutch plate would that give less drag ive moded clutches before my husky has 7 plates from new
  14. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Have you tried the Motorex oil? I did and it worked better when it comes to clutchdrag, but i have no big problems with it so i run my Amalie's:=).
  15. mark animal100 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wre125
    Other Motorcycles:
    cr125
    yer ive tried that as well its not oil I guess
  16. Jhunter Husqvarna
    AA Class

In my opinion, you can fix most of the clutch issues for under $50. Buy the MotionPro Terminator cable and run Valvoline motorcycle 4-Stroke Synthetic 10w40 in the crank/clutch. The synthetic oil makes a huge difference!
    [IMG]
  17. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    My 4t 250 Huskies need some sort of true synthetic oil or they drag really bad ... My WR250 is OK there with most any oil it seems ...

But I do like the idea of a HYDRO clutch ... Again, the 4t machines have them and they allow feathering to be applied easily in very thin layers ... As compared to the WR, the feathering is very hard to accomplish correctly and big-time lose of traction happens way too much for me...

Maybe I'll go this route instead of the hydro clutch ... I just need to keep the rear tire under control better ...
  18. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Suzuki SV1000/73 Honda CB350
    Go back to "Big Red" then. You're on a Husky enthusiast site. Go to a Honda forum and talk up your superior 20 year old bike. Among the 20 bikes Ive owned so far, Ive owned a CR250 and it was good. Reliable yes, but thats about it. Just good. I'll defend the WR300 and stand behind it.
  19. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Suzuki SV1000/73 Honda CB350
  20. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    I'm the same way. lol I've found that it's more likely to hit an accidental neutral if you use the clutch between 1st and 2nd, if you shift without the clutch neutral is nearly impossible to hit. I usually hit neutral by accident when I'm doing a trials technique like a Jap Zap or a splat on a rock shelf, creek bank or log and the toe of my size 14 boot hits the shifter while the clutch lever is half pulled in.