1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 2013 125/165 carby

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by AUSKY, Jan 22, 2013.

1. AUSKY Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE510 96 WR125 00 WR360 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    1999 XR250 83 YZ 490
    It's not long before I receive my new 2013 WR 125 which I want to ultimately turn into a WB165 with the 200 modded pipe. After reading so much on the APT/ Lectron debate I am leaning towards the Lectron carby, as it comes with the power jet, but I am a little confused as to which size I will need to suit both capacities.

I mainly like to ride in between the trees at sea level to 1000mtr, The bike will start out in 125 trim & will soon be turned into a WB165, but is the 38mm better for the 165 & the 36mm for the 125? Or will the 36mm suit both bikes?

I am also looking at putting a recluse clutch in it. Does any one know if the Recluse EXP for the 2012 WR 125 will fit the 2013 model WR125? Is it the same part number as the earlier model? Or am I better off going with the EFM auto clutch?

Kind regards

Damo
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    the 36 or 38 both work fine. the 36 give slightly more snap off the bootom (theoretically) and the 38 give more over rev. I am running the 36 Lectron and love it. As for the clutch they are all the same back to about 2000.
  3. AUSKY Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE510 96 WR125 00 WR360 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    1999 XR250 83 YZ 490
    Thanks Kelly,
    Where we ride there are a lot of rocky hills & some long transports, so a bottom end carby would be a better option, my 1996 WR 125 is a top end screamer & needs a lot of clutch work to keep it on the boil up some of the bigger hills but I do want to be able to rev the new bike hard when in the open.

I have looked at your web site & was a little unsure of the how to order one after there were many boxes to tick. I'm trying to think of how this bike will end up & I want to enjoy the transition from 125 to 165 & order the correct parts that will suit both capacities.
    Order to be sent soon, thanks man

4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

you can order it right here...

http://www.motosportz.com/HVA-SS/HVA-SS-Home.htm

or Email me here...

motosportz@gmail.com

thanks
    Kelly
  5. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Good luck with it damo - 36 or 38 is a hard choice. It will be good to hear what you think of it .
    I like your idea of riding as a 125 for a while to see what its like before transformation

Its also good to see that the local importer has realised the demand for the WR 125 and is bringing them in again to OZ :applause:
    (I ll have it when your finished with it - cheers)
  6. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    Don't want to be the party spoiler here :p but you only find out by doing that that you should have made that change right away.

in a 165 set up, you have all the great things of the 125 like weight, handling
    yet you don't have the clutch abuse in difficult situations.

you do have a wheely in the blip of a throttle but not brutal that it is needed to have a bunch of rear fenders on the shelf.

little logs or rice paddy walls (in my case) its just open up the throttle a bit and you jump your front wheel over it not playing with the clutch or jerking your handle bars as it is with a 125 set up

jumping from a hard patch to a loose sandy patch not switching back but just open the throttle a bit more and not bogging down in speed but just continue

its fun.

With this set up its the first time that i really not think of anymore power increase modifications (admitting that the lectron carb for me is just a mater of time ) for me the lectron is only to get rid of the freaking ever changing jetting settings on my carb (admitting that the environmental situations (tropics) are a big factor of this that i don't control).

All about smiles here

Robert-Jan
  7. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    I probably got bigger smiles from the 125 than I have yet on the 144 . The 144 is easier to ride for sure but still needs some work to be as much fun. I think trying it as the 125 gives a true appreciation of where the 165 is better and possibly more satisfaction .
    pvduke likes this.
  8. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    I agree with you on that

Personally I always enjoyed the 125 yet when you start mastering more and more riding the 125 it brings you also to its limitations and that's where the 165 picks it up

for 90% of the occasions the 125 can be as quick as a bigger bike with the right skills.

I still remember the race between Dave strybosh and John van den berk in the MX 125 CC world championship GP in valkenswaard in the mid 80's (The Netherlands) their lap times where only 2 seconds slower then the 500 CC 2 strokes (also ridden by professionals) yet the 500CC 2 stroke delivers about 3 x more power at that time.

the 165 makes it nice in the sand/mud (with all the love I have for the 125 ) these conditions are not 125 territory it's simply torchure for the engine

but keeping up/passing on a 125 the 450's is a feeling that is priceless (especially when the 450 riders have an idea that you join their party with a glorified BMX)

have some of this 2 stroke smoke I would say :D

Robert-Jan
    rockdancer likes this.
  9. Radbuster Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR125 '10
    I am still sorting out my new '11 125 and will probably end up with the 165. But, yes, passing big bikes with the tiddler is addictive ;-)
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    The 165 kit is awesome and has been stone reliable. The 125 and 144 also rule. Just more flavors of a good thing. Some people prefer the 125 and the rubber band power band some perfer the more immediate thrust of the 165. Which one is faster all depends on the pilot, always does. I feel the 165 if the ultimate Vet bike meaning it has all the cool qualities of the 125 with more forgiving power. Nice thing it it keeps the 125 personality unlike something like a KTM 200 which feels like a different animal and more like a 250 after coming off the husky. And sorry to inject the Lectron in one more thread but it kinda brings the 125 overrev back to the 165 package, brilliant.
  11. spud1968 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'm liking the sound of that Lectron.......PM me a price, or post it up here i'd be looking in a month or so time at a 36mm, if i'm kept busy at work.....thanks
  12. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    $315 plus shipping. About 3/4th down the page here...

http://www.motosportz.com/HVA-SS/HVA-SS-Home.htm

thanks
  13. husky195 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Wr165 2013 wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    1994 TM250 1995 TM125
    Good to see there is still other people in Australia interested in 125s. I have a new wr125 coming in a couple of weeks also but I already have a 165 kit waiting to go on it. Apparently we won't be getting the free 144 kit that they get in America and will have to pay for it which to me is kind of sus .once I get it running ill be looking at the lectron carb.does anyone know anyone running a 165 kit in Australia