1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 2013 cr 125 pull trigger?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by High Society, Aug 3, 2013.

1. High Society Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 DRZ400sm
    Got my dealer at 6k otd for the 13 Cr 125 with the 144 kit included. Should I do it or no? I'm looking to get into a bit of racing and dealing with 2 stroke maintenance is something I prefer. I'd be doing some HS, mx and trail riding. I've had the most fun on the small bore bikes which is why I want a 125. I also have a 2010 tc250 as well I may sell l, or keep both and switch back and forth. I've searched all over CL and nothing but clapped out 125s, or 125s that are worth the price of gold. I may also be able to get an 12 KTM 150sx with around 40hrs for 4k. I've done a lot of research and would really like some help in my decision. Thank you.
  2. Idacurt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 WB177
    Other Motorcycles:
    Scorpa 175
    Where do you live? have you checked out Bills who is a sponsor here?
  3. 72racerx Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13 WR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 VFR800
    Do it you won't regret it. There's a very good chance that the 14 125's probably wont have the same engine.
    High Society likes this.
  4. High Society Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 DRZ400sm
    In Bills post about some deals he had, all his 125s were sold out with only chances of fleet bikes he could bid on. So that may be a hit or miss.
  5. High Society Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 DRZ400sm
    Do you feel this is a good thing or bad? Parts wise seems like it would be an issue?
  6. Caferacerman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Buy it or someone else will and you will regret it.
    Jersey Woods, 454x and High Society like this.
  7. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
    I bought an 11 last year. I like it so much, I'm tempted to buy another while I still can. Racing both MX and hare scrambles with it, and it's better than either of my two previous MX and woods dedicated bikes.
    High Society likes this.
  8. sabortooth No Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11uptite167
    There was a brief moment when it could have been had for less, but thats over now. I agree with the rest that you should get it if thats what you want. There is no other bike that could sway me from my 11 WR except maybe a Husaberg or a GasGas Trials.
    High Society likes this.
  9. High Society Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 DRZ400sm
    What were your two other MX bikes? How has the 125 been holding up for you? Any issues? Is it a wr or Cr?
  10. High Society Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 DRZ400sm
    How has your 11 been? Do you know if the wheels and plastics are interchangeable with a 10 tc250?
  11. High Society Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 DRZ400sm
    The yz is another bike I've been looking for. However, I can only find 00-06 which are over priced. If I could find a nice 06 and up yz 125 I'd probably get that instead due to the huge aftermarket following.
  12. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I bet I have more hard racing miles on both my CR 125 then any one I have a 2006 which has won 2 National #1 plates and still runs great Still on the original stock cylinder never been bored My 2008 has won 1 National # 1 plate and has finished every race I have entered since 2008 on it The bike still runs great but now is a 165 I have been racing a 300 most of this year at the Nationals But today I broke out the 165 and did a few hours of really nasty stuff like we do at King of the Moto Once again the bike runs great .You can not wear out a CR 125 if taken care of it will last for years. I do not care what people say parts are easy to get The husky is a much better bike then the YZ results prove it My Husky have done more races in all different areas from wide open desert to last man stand and every thing in between and never a DNF If I thought I could ever wear one out I would have got one of the 10 press bikes after the 2 stroke nationals but I already have 2 that runs great and still can win no problem
  13. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    My yz is an 08 and was owned by a fast A woods rider that worked in a suspension shop. He completely tricked it out and when I bought it I replaced the top end and put in a new crank and rod. I also had an 05 and the forks on the 08 are way better. The problem with my 08 is I have way too much in it compared to what I can sell it for so I keep it and loan it to friends so they can ride with me and my son. It's had less than 4 tanks run through it in the last year. I guess that says a lot about how much I like my WR 250.
    High Society likes this.
  14. 72racerx Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13 WR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 VFR800
    The current engine is very well proven and from all accounts fairly robust. Parts supply shouldn't be an issue. If the current engine can handle being a 165 without any issues what is there to be worried about. The new engine will most likely be transplanted from KTM.
    High Society likes this.
  15. High Society Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 DRZ400sm
    Thanks to everyone for all the input. Its a tough decision to spend this much on a bike so I'm seeking as much info as I can.
    LandofMotards likes this.
  16. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Most everyone likes their Huskies even though they are bashed in reviews. The 125/144 actually gets good reviews which must mean its amazing lol. Quit talking about it and pick it up, you already wasted this weekend without it ;)
  17. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM EXC 250 F Honda 300 ATV
    I bought a 2011 WR 150 left over last year. I will never look back on that decision to pull the trigger on buying it. It is the best all around bike for my needs. It's light, agile and fast. If you have a lock on one and miss the boat, you'll kick your self in the ass for not buying it. I will guarantee that after your first ride you will be smiling from ear to ear. These bikes are are work horses and a pleasure to ride. On top of that, you can trick it out down the road with a WB 165 kit from and a Lectron carb from two great sponsors here Walt Smith and Kelly from Motosportz.
    sabortooth and High Society like this.
  18. Zomby woof Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 CR 150
    I bought my RM 125 new in 07, and raced it since new. I loved that bike, but the Husky is better in every way. The RM was no good in the woods, so I built a modified KDX220. It was a good bike, but again, no comparison. Now one bike does a better job than both.

I did a re-ring on the Husky last week. I didn't have to remove the tank, or rads, and it took me (first time) about an hour. Cost for the ring and base gasket was $20, and in stock.

It's a CR150. So far not a single issue, and I really like the way this bike is built compared to the Japanese bikes. All the little things, like Brembo brakes, fat bars, quick release seat, the way the shock reservoir is out of the way. The use of space is well thought out and makes the bike really easy to work on.

Buy the bike and get an FMF pipe at the same time. If I have any complaint, it's that the powerband on my CR was a little too top end oriented. The FMF pipe fixed that.

If I could say only one thing, it would be this: I've been a pretty solid vet B level rider for a while now. Since I got the Husky, I'm now riding at the A level, and moving up next season.
  19. AWM Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR150
    Other Motorcycles:
    Orange
    I just got my 2013,out the door for $3900.

[IMG]
  20. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Wow that's easily the best price I've seen on a 13
    ray_ray and High Society like this.