1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc 2013 husky 300 cutting out

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by husky3002t, May 12, 2013.

1. husky3002t Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr300
    well my 2013 husky is having some electrical dramas its intermittently cutting out it sounds like its fouling a plug when its doing it,im thinking its something to do with the coil as i have taken my kill switch apart and sprayed it out with inox [water dispersant] but its still doing it. anyone had similar probs or knows where to look?
    cheers
  2. kx3089 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    Check your plug cap.Mine was bad so replaced with a NGK cap.
  3. robertk61 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR250
    and the earth point on the frame for the coil
  4. Glenn haynes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    13 yz250f 08yz85 11ktm 65 09 ktm65
    I just got done dealing with the same issue,(2012wr300)Unplug the harness from the coil and regulator and pull it out so you can see the whole thing.Mine rubbed though right where he u-bend is behind the coil causing it to short to ground on the frame. took me a while to find this,I even replaced the coil trying to find it.Good luck
  5. husky3002t Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr300
    you are spot on the money glenn mine is the exact same problem........how did you repair yours? i done a temporary tape job on the area just to test it, bike seems to run fine now but sometimes wont start by kicking it over but roll starts without a drama?
  6. Glenn haynes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    I just taped up each wire and then taped electrical taped the whole harness.(like 3 times). I don't have any starting issues though.don't know what to tell you on that issue.
  7. husky3002t Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr300
    no worries glenn i will pull her apart again and have another look,may tape her again and then get some of that electrical heat shrink wrap stuff around it.
    Glenn haynes likes this.
  8. husky3002t Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr300
    well found out why it wont start now.....the cylinder is full of coolant bike only has 45 hours on it and its shit the head orings,and guess what husqvarna wont cover it under warranty as they said because it hasn't had a top end service at 15hrs! by a husky dealer so its out of my pocket. 15hrs seems extremely low for a top end service.this makes me angry.
  9. Glenn haynes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    I feel ya,my head o-rings failed at about the same. I was kinda irritated also,but $15 and 30 min later I was back in business.
  10. husky3002t Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr300
    while its apart im going to chuck a new slug in it,husky dealer said it has minimal wear but while its apart i may aswell do it
  11. Eaglefreek Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    Did it overheat? Running lean? Just curious as to why the o-rings failed. I don't have an hour meter, but I'm sure I have way more than 45 hours on mine and when I recently took it apart the o-rings looked great and so did the top end.
  12. husky3002t Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr300
    no didnt overheat and jetting is pretty close to perfect.....so its got me stuffed
  13. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

it becasue husky uses the wrong o-rings. they need to be high temp, not the black stuff. the black rubber was never meant to seal compression or fire!

you can get high temp o-rings from a local hydralic shop.

husky cuts so many corners on these bikes its rediculous. or if youd like to putt he same wrong parts back in that failed the 1st time you can buy the black o-rings for around $5 at any hardware store around.
  14. husky3002t Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr300
    really?? then they should fix it under warranty then and put the correct ones in it.
  15. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

if they admitted they have a problem.

like i said, try and get yourself a set of high temp o-rings. youll be out labor and a couple bucks but dont put the stock black ones back in.
  16. bax3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE250R
    Other Motorcycles:
    wr300 2010
    I Done 100hrs on my wr300 2010. Head never come off. Didn't have a problem?
  17. AUSKY Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE510 96 WR125 00 WR360 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    1999 XR250 83 YZ 490
    That's funny the black o ring on my exhaust pipe where it come out of the cylinder hasn't failed
    They do make black hi temp ones
  18. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

i used the green ktm o-rings in my wr. ive used the black ones before but the green ones do last longer. another thing i like to do is used the copper permatex silicone thats for exhaust on the orings for lube and for longevity.
  19. broken biker Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1994 TE 610 2012 WR 300
    my 2012 wr300 had a faulty stator from new that was fixed under warranty.foot breaking kick back & hill /push start impossible 50% of time