1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 2013 husky wr125

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Clayton, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Clayton Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2016 husqvarna te125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ktm 125 duke
    Hi just bought my self a 2012 husqvarna wr125 just wondering how it will cope on the roads is it any good for long distance road rides
  2. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
    NO
    They are more than capable of a short trip but will drive you scatty hunting for 7th and 8th gear.
    I ride mine around 2 miles to get to my little riding/practice area and hated it as a 125, loathed the 144 and detest the 165 !!! once there I bloody well love them all :lol:
  3. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM EXC 250 F Honda 300 ATV
    A road bike they most certainly are not. You can scoot up some roads, but the bike is a woods bike. We do have to ride some paved roads in the state forest when we ride, but I'm not a fan of it.
  4. sabortooth No Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11uptite167
    I have gone to town 12 mi. one way and back on the 167. IT tops out too quick to enjoy the ride.
  5. 72racerx Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13 WR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 VFR800
    I've got one myself a decided to ride it to work one day for a bit of fun. It's geared to low and really needs a higher ratio 6th gear. I did see mine hit 130 km/h at one time on the way to work, but it was buzzin seriously hard and I think the speedo was way over optimistic in what it was telling me. I could be done but I'd also recommend a cush drive rear hub to make it easier on the tranny. I believe on here someone mentioned that some of the earlier 125's had a true wide ratio box.
  6. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    as long it is short stretches and or a lot of shifting involved (gnarly urban riding) its fine, but the ring road would already be an annoyance
    if you gear it so it gets the speed you want in the highest gear without revving it in the destructive range, its behaving like wet towel in the lower gears

Robert-Jan