2013 ride

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by robertaccio, Oct 9, 2012.

1. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Rode the 2013s in this order (I am on my best day an 50 intermediate MXr, SoCal intermediate class is tough tough) track was LEMX vet track, a safe and flowing track. This goes for all the models, even off racing line in the chunky disked stuff all Huskys tracked well and smooth with no deflections (I rode all sorts of stupid lines to play around). The spring rates were too soft for my 200+ pounds. The fit and finish of all the machines is super good, we know that. The Chassis (pretty much common on these MXrs) is really really good, but we also know that.
    CR125, fun fun fun zero power off the pipe, screams on the pipe, clutch feel great and buttery. stuck like glue, is a peaky on the pipe machine a true 125, ride it hard and it tracks and sticks like glue at all angles.
    TC250, wow the red head really makes for big change from the 'older" model. power is enduro like friendly and true it does not feel/rev/hit like a K or Japanese 250F, but I bet most of us normal to experts would turn faster laps on this bike. The new motor feels much more free and open, the new head and FI is great.
    TE310, way more all around goodness in engine character than my MY11 (in MY12 TXC mode). same as TC250 for the free up engine feel, those bigger valves and re engineered head bring the the thing to life (it was a powered up TE but with all the Ds stuff on it)
    TXC310, the best freaking close course off road/enduro machine on the planet.....IMHO. This is my next bike. everything just feels right from 0rpm to the rev limiter, FI is spot on, brakes the best in the biz, the tires they have on for the loamy vet track were like velcro. this bike is far and away better than all of the 350 Katos Ive ridden, it just has such a good ergo feel, but was soft for my weight , thats only springs, and that would be all I would do put in, springs to get my sag set correct, I would not even mess with the valve stacks..
    This thing is really really good. and pure fun of course. It is for me the best bike I have ever ridden. (I am not a pro, as a 50B-A rider)
    CR144 wow super amazingly good, so much bottom compared to the 125 its amazing that that little boost in displacement can do that, this bike would also make a great closed course off road enduro bike well I guess for some like Ajax its a great open course racer too in all of its tiddler sizes. I like this CR144 much better than the 150SX Kato and YZ144 I rode, which for my skill set were both waaaay too peaky and uncontrollable, my lap times on a CR144 would be double digit seconds faster than the 150SX/YZ144.
    For me and my trail,technical, sometimes race XC and Enduro the TXC310 is the machine to do all we do, not far behind is the CR144 for do all fun easy machine.
    We did not test the 499/511s and really missed the DS loop on the Terras, (I did want to go there but the CR144 called)
    The price point on the DS Terra is a real bargain with much room to expand on the platform, very good marketing move. RN
    (lots of HNA fotos taken, I guess they will be up on FB?)
    john01 and ray_ray like this.
  2. boisedave Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks for the write up. Quick question -- how does the power compare to the KTM 350? Do you think it has enough for the SoCal desert?
  3. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Dave,
    my focus is not the dez at all, anymore. In my opinion the design/engineering thought of the "x-lite" engine does not include high speed long distance running like H&H/dez racing. The thing is designed as a close course racer. I personally would not dez race my 310. but have I no qualms about thrashing it in the single track stuff. The power for me is better than the 350 kato, but I have not ridden the E version of the kato 350 (or HBG 350 either). Ive only ridden the XC version which for me is a low end nothing MX machine for experts/pros to ride, it does not feel right for me (at my skill set) in the tough stuff, the Husky is a grunt monster (even my 11) and the new 310R is even more so.
    Power wise the thing has more than enough to play (shoot ajax wins in the dez on his "125") and again the TXC310R is better than my 12 spec TXC310 (TE310)
    tcstonkers likes this.
  4. boisedave Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks Robert -- I have ridden the 350 before and agree with your assessment -- although I did think it was fast on top. I am thinking of adding something to my garage for the desert/Idaho City and am trying to decide what to get. Don't like valves though -- but the new 310 has me thinking....
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Get your ass out to Bend in a month and ride them all.
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Huskys rule :thumbsup:
  7. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Thanks for the ride reports and comparos, much appreciated.
  8. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

+++1
    robertaccio likes this.
  9. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Any chance there will be a demo day for us Califorskinners?
  10. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Too bad you didn't take any pictures. There's nothing like some good pictures to perk up a thread about riding.
  11. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

If you likes the 144 so much over the 125 JUST think what the 165 would do
  12. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
  13. boisedave Husqvarna
    AA Class

I wish I could -- I have obligations that weekend. I was good to go with the original date... I am bummed. I am working on the local dealer to get a ride day though....
  14. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Thanks for the write up on each bike ... I've never rode a 310 but I'm already convinced after riding the 250s, that that size bike is the bike to have .. Husky should continue to develop this model and consider making a MX racer model here...