2013 TC250R report...

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Motosportz, Oct 20, 2012.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  2. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    This seems like some good early and good reporting on these MX racers ... After riding an 010 model TC250, i don't see how a person could stay off an 013 model if the handling was as good or better and the engine is better ....
  3. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    New local Husky dealer has a smoking deal on a leftover '12.... very tempting. :)
    ray_ray likes this.
  4. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Pity you cant get a retro for the 12 model
  5. MotoMarc36 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR144, 04 TC450, 04 TC250, CR50
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many. Too many.
    It sure has come a long way. It's no longer the bottom rung on the horsepower ladder, that title goes to the YZ250F. At just shy of 38 HP (stock), it is enough to get the job done. I wish I could afford everything I want, I'd get one. Maybe 310 it when it's time for a rebuild......
  6. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    the 13 TC250 is miles beyond/above the 010. (and thats a great thing) they are not mucking about, they are evolving in a good way. my next ride...2013 TXC310R, just gotta hang with my also XC/ enduro winning MY11TE310 for now.
  7. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    I'd be interested in comparing it to my '12. I can't believe it's *that* much better since they share the same red head. I stopped trusting anything I read in magazines. However, I can agree that the new redheads really are *that* much better than the blackheads in terms of power.
    robertaccio likes this.
  8. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    I've been squeezing the heck out of my blackhead and it keeps going strong and won't pop......... but after riding all the 13 red heads, things have progressed well, Krieg I'm sure your 12 is also way into the game as well.
    Those 12-13 changes are really minimal for most riders concerns, the head change is the big ticket item. I cant wait for any high end shop like Pro circuit to get into hotrodding a 13 TC250, or Cmon HNA, Andy Jefferson get a 13 TXC310 fully worked from your pals at Pro Circuit!! Basically a TC310 by the time its done, that will be rockin closed course vet/open/no cc reg. class machine.
    ray_ray likes this.
  9. TemecuCoastie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FC250 and 2012 TC250
    The 2013 TC250 and TC449 both made the Transworld Mx Mag's Buyer's Guide. First time I've seen a Husky in that particular magazine. Neither are the heaviest int heir classes either - I think the YZ's took that title.
    ray_ray likes this.
  10. MotoMarc36 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many. Too many.
    Transworld in general and Donn Maeda in particular are blind Husky bashers based on a poor-performing 04 TC450 test. They haven't given them a chance since. Which is FINE by me, because all their tests read the same, All roses and nothing bad to say about all the bikes BLAH BLAH BLAH. I get the mag but consider it simple entertainment at best with no good technical info, at best.

MXA gave the '13 TC250 a solid review. They certainly don't pull punches, and find stuff to gripe about on EVERY bike made. Let's face it, there isn't a perfect bike out there, they all have strong points and flaws. I found their evaluation of my '12 CR144 about spot-on.

They also gave a tour and play-by-play of Husky's brand-new manufacturing assembly line that was VERY cool to read about and see,k in the same issue. It is actually a MUST READ issue for Husky-lovers! They have lot's of positive stuff to say about the TC250, Husky under BMW, the manufacturing plant, and Huskies in general. Great stuff.:thumbsup:
    ray_ray likes this.
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

I dont really read MXA but have heard from several people that do that they are pretty right on target. Refreshing. I don't care if you trash a husky for real reasons but a lot of these "reviews" you can tell they spend almost no time understanding and really evaluating the bike.
  12. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Isn't the TC the same as last year? It already had the red head but the TXC's and TE didn't. Just funny how great the reviews are this time around, must be the bar pad.
  13. TemecuCoastie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FC250 and 2012 TC250
    I've seen reviews in MXA and Dirt Bike in recent months. Also, didn't MXA do back-to-back reviews this year?
    I really don't care if TWMX doesn't like Husky's either. What's more, my kid (who races in the TWMX series) certainly doesn't think my TC is slow given he's constantly eating my roost. :thumbsup:
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I think the EFI is different this year but the head is the same design but upgraded.
  15. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    The article states that they tweaked the intake and did something different than the '12 head. I'm skeptical because I can't get anyone to provide specifics. The '13 literature does not allude to further head tweaks and only mentions the deletion of the hot start lever which I never had to use... ever. I'd love to see some facts about any '13 enhancements versus trusting a magazine writer. Having owned a 2010 TC, a 2011 TXC, and a '12 TC, I can state without hesitation that the '12 was a HUGE leap in power versus the blackheads.
  16. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    The new Husky advert shows a long red intake velocity stack, kind of like the moto tassinari air force deal. Does your 12 model have an airboot internal V stack or maybe they changed the shape or length of it? Is that maybe the intake mod they are talking about? Maybe they reshaped/recontoured the ports?
    In my opinion a simple hot rod effort would solve any questions about power. The usual head clean up/flow bench stuff, exhaust system mods etc etc.
  17. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    I may get the chance to see a '12 sitting next to a '13 tomorrow as my local dealer called about 10 minutes ago to inform me he got a '13 in last week. He still has a '12. I may take a long lunch and go on a fact-finding tour! :D
  18. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    [IMG]
    this is what I was thinking about (MY13 advert)
  19. MotoMarc36 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many. Too many.
    Word is there is some power to be had with an exhaust. Despite the beauty and good name of the stock Akro system, like most stock systems it is a compromise and there is good power to be had with an A/M system.
  20. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

http://www.knoxenduro.com Knoxville, Tennessee
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Husqvarna WR125 1997 Fantic
    I thought I have read something about changes to the crankshaft.
    robertaccio likes this.