2013 TC310

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by MotoMarc36, Dec 3, 2012.

1. MotoMarc36 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR144, 04 TC450, 04 TC250, CR50
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many. Too many.
    The jan issue of MXA has a really cool article on Andy Jefferson's "prototype" TC310. Started life as a 2013 TXC310. They list the many mods he's done, as well as say it's being used as an R&D testbed. They're pretty happy with how it works, saying peak horsepower is a tad better that the 250F powerhouses (KXF @ 41 RWHP) but that it has way more low-end torque and is easy to ride despite some mapping glitches in its current form (constantly evolving). Mitch Payton has had his hands in the motor, going back to both Andy's and Husky's roots. A very cool read!:thumbsup:
    dartyppyt, ray_ray and robertaccio like this.
  2. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Vet class and beyond MXer! This could turn into another one of those US market driven bikes, TC310 vet MX racer, nice.
    I wont go to the 250 (lites class) cheater bike side of things.
    MotoMarc36 likes this.
  3. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    As cool as it sounds... I think we'll still use our CR 150 to prove a point in the 250 class. :D
  4. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Sounds good? MitchP on the job also? Sounds great .... They really need to do something here on these model bikes and get them on a MX track as these bikes are phenomenal handling bikes ... and Mitch has the husky history also ...

Not sure if this is the exact article you are referring to but this one makes mention of the TC310

http://motocrossactionmag.com/Main/News/MXAS-2013-HUSQVARNA-TC250-MOTOCROSS-TEST-THERE-IS-9569.aspx
  5. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    I want to see someone build parts for the 449. The 310 shouldn't be the only one to get modified lol
    motohio likes this.
  6. MotoMarc36 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many. Too many.
    Rayray it's a different article with three pages devoted to Andy's personal racebike. I really think this is something they could do easily. It wouldn't be a re-tooled machine, just a reconfigured xlite250. If they would have offered a TC310 I would have seriously considered it. If they offer one next year I will probably need one. I think, considering Husky's customers are an older base, that they are really missing the boat by not offering a TC310 and a xlite-based 450. They are already showing a commitment and an investment at breaking back into moto, the 125/144 is phenominal but a small-market bike and hard to carry the flag. The xlite250 is better than ever and finally a viable option to competetive racers, but still doesn't cater to Husky's largest customer base, more like the sons of their customer base!

Anyway it is a cool article and contiues the trend of positive press. Great stuff.
    robertaccio and ray_ray like this.
  7. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

http://www.knoxenduro.com Knoxville, Tennessee
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Husqvarna WR125 1997 Fantic
    If they are to be successful, they have to broaden the customer base(read younger)
    krieg, ray_ray and john01 like this.
  8. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    yep ... Maybe race results will help ... I'm hoping local races are seeing more TC machines racing and finishing races ...

Yep .. positive news for sure someone wants to modify and race the bike ... Gotta hope he does good on it ..

Where is Andy racing this bike at or planning on racing it at?
  9. RollinHusky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TC 449, 2016 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    1978 Yamaha 100 something!!
    Tell me about it. Very hard to find anything for my 2011 TC449! An exhaust here and there and that's it, from what I've seen so far!
    LandofMotards likes this.
  10. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Where is Andy racing this bike at or planning on racing it at?

REM at Glen Helen is mostly where you'll see Andy out of the office and on the track among the fast local old guy MXers.
    http://www.remsatmx.com/
  11. East Longmeadow Husqvarna
    AA Class

Very cool bike!
    Maybe Husky's generous contingency plan will attract the younger folks as Water Racer said.
    The moto community is awfully close minded when it comes to brands other than the the big five. Remember when it was the big four? KTM had a hell of a time breaking misconceptions (okay maybe some were well deserved :lol:). Also, I don't think the world moto Factory Husky team didn't did the brand any favors. Does anyone know if Ricci Racing is competing in the 2013 season?
    Nice post MotoMarc!
    utopia likes this.
  12. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    Hmm... we run a TXC511 offroad racing. Stock pipe, JD tuner, 1 tooth lower countershaft, Uptite skidplate, TM Designworks chain guide, Suspension setup for the rider by Watson Performance. Note the complete lack of engine mods. We change the oil, clean the filters and win races. The rider was battling to win before on a 250 2-stroke of some orangish shade, with the 511 he became dominant.

http://tjborr.blogspot.com/

We are going to a 310R this year and there are two concerns....losing the awesome torque and horsepower of the 511 and the nettlesome starter issue on X-lights. The 511 has been flawless for two seasons under 2 different riders.
  13. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    So why the change to the 310? Not arguing anything just curious because it seems the 511 has worked out
  14. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    Both the Husqvarna Rider Support and Contingency programs persuaded us to switch to a '13 model. Since will still have a TXC449, we decided to try the 310R and see if it has advantages on the tighter courses. Personally I prefer the 449/511, but the fast guy (my brother) tried a TXC310R at the Fall Gathering and was hooked.
    ray_ray likes this.
  15. TemecuCoastie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FC250 and 2012 TC250
    "We change the oil, clean the filters and win races."

Bam!!! There it is....
    Russ Henry likes this.
  16. motohio Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 TC449,10 WR300,09 TC450, 83 CR250

This is so true, its kinda funny but that is the exact same senerio I do with my 2012 TC449.
  17. TemecuCoastie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    So, I guess, for all the knocking on the TC's a lot of folks are experiencing a little bit of success. :banana:
  18. MotoMarc36 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Many. Too many.
  19. TemecuCoastie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
  20. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    What else do you want? The TXC511 will put out over 60HP if needed. I can give it traction control...
  21. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    There are performance mods but it'd be nice to see the big companies competing. Other then that, shorty levers, brake and shift levers, really just relatively minor things. I'm not even saying the 310 gets all the attention lol. It's really not a big deal. I just enjoy looking at parts and its much easier to find with other bikes. At the same time the small "club" called husqvarna is nice to be in and that's just part of the cost.