2013 Te449 Electrical Problems/ignition Problem?

Discussion in 'Super Moto' started by Nikolas ortiz, Jul 19, 2024.

1. Nikolas ortiz Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 husqvarna te449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 250sxf
    Hey yall! I’m very new to the husky interface and just recently bought a used 2013 te449 for really cheap! Yes I have registration and all. Bike was always maintained as it was owned by a guy who previously worked with the husky race team and tricked it out! Then the guy I bought it off of just had the bike and thought he could fix the problem it had occurring which he assumed was the stator and a bad battery, so then he just never got to work on it so it sat for a year and a half then he bought a new bike. Now I have it and the problem that occurs is that it seems like the previous owner had custom did the ignition or snipped from maybe a fall? I charged up the battery and checked the starter relay and seen that the starter wasn’t giving power to the relay and so I replaced the relay and nothing happened. So I checked if there was a ignition switch and sure enough there is one but I didn’t have it so I bought one and tried plugging into some wires that looked like it would fit the match of the plug but nothing happened when I turned over the key. So I tried to bypass the ignition with a wire from the battery straight to the starter relay and it cranked over and the display turned on. So I'm confused onto why the ignition isn’t there or if I should search harder for the wires/plug?
    How do you start the bike? Is there a key you usually turn first to wake up the electronics. Or do u just hit the start button and it turns everything on.