1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc 2013 WR 300 SPARK ISSUES

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by JOE KRAFT, Sep 2, 2013.

1. JOE KRAFT Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    06 HUSQVARNA CR 125
    BRAND NEW 2013 HUSKY WR 300 HAS WEAK SPARK WHILE RIDING RANDOMLY IT WILL JUST DIE THEN IT WILL START BACK UP MESSED WITH JETTING NO DIFFRENCE CHECKED ALL CONNECTIONS ALL GOOD NO VISIBLE WIRE DEFECTS TRYED SEVERAL NEW SPARK PLUGS .WHEN I CHECK SPARK ITS VERY RANDOM NOT SPARKING EVERY KICK IM STUMPED PLEASE HELP
  2. Eaglefreek Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    There was a thread not too long ago where someone was having the same issue and found some chaffed wires going to the cdi. I looked for a few minutes but I can't find the thread. But being brand new, I can't see the wires being chaffed already.
  3. Eaglefreek Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
  4. JOE KRAFT Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    06 HUSQVARNA CR 125
    Still having same problem back to dealer 2 times say they can't reproduce problem and it still just dies on me very disappointed please help
  5. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    Joe Kraft Did you look at this?

Would like to update my status. It was just a coincidence that the new coil fix my problem,the real problem ended up being a chafed wire running along the coil bracket,when I plugged in the new one I must of took it away from ground allowing it to run. I found this after sitting in the woods 2mile from the finish line on the last lap today. all good now.

6. flyingbob Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    01&02WR360_02WR250_02CR250_12WB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 VOR400_07 TM450_22 GG250_07 Tuono
    Believe it or not. I've had three new bikes that did the same thing. It's been a while, but a new spark plug fixed it each time. From then on, I always change the original plug out first thing. Probably just superstition!!!
  7. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Joe Keep your eye out for a older CR electronics My 2010 has a 2002 set up. Only takes 10 minutes to change it over You do not need lights anyway
    Also 100s MC National update it is going to be great to bad you are stuck back east Hope you get that 300 working because once you do it is just such a great bike Next time you are in the desert you can ride mine you will see
  8. JOE KRAFT Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    06 HUSQVARNA CR 125
    Thanks John do I need whole setup from older cr or just stator the shop here didn't help me at all
  9. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I will call Zip Ty Racing this morning and let you know My 300 run sooooooooooooooo gooddddddddddddd
    motor is stock except it has a 2006 WR 250 carb and 2002 CR electronic plus a FMF pipe I feel no need to change anything
    and my racing results show it it working as is
  10. JOE KRAFT Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    06 HUSQVARNA CR 125
    Thanks John
  11. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    How do you know that the random issues you are having are spark?

There are not many components on the ignition on these. If you're totally stumped, just replace the few components one at a time from a bike that they are known to be good (or with new parts) until the problem goes away.

Also, you want to make sure it's not the kill switch, bypass that to take it out of the equation. That's a good first test. Then kill switch wiring. Etc.
  12. JOE KRAFT Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    06 HUSQVARNA CR 125
    Took kill switch out still same thing I pull spark plug out and ground to motor kick motor through sometimes get sprk sometimes don't and when I do very weak
  13. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    There is a big difference between kicking the bike over and when the bike is running, so they may not be directly comparable. Look on here for info about headlights and kick starting.

If it is spark, start swapping the few ignition parts over from a known good bike one at a time and see when the problem goes away.
  14. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

I had an electric failure on mu 2013 300 too. I found the problem being the wiring that goes next to the steering head. There is a multi connection with several blue cables that are connected in some kind of vulcanised contact. The cables just outside this contact was broken inside the insulation. I cut the insulation and then I felt that when i draw my fingers over the isolation of those thin blue cables. It was also visible as the isolation was stretced and therefore lighter in it's colour. It's a longshot, but if you don't find anything else, maybe it's worth a check. My problem occured when i turned my steering to one side as the cables slightly bent as the lighting cables goes in the same wiring loom. Sorry for my baaad English..

Johnny
  15. JOE KRAFT Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    06 HUSQVARNA CR 125
    Thanks for info I wonder how many failed stators are out there