1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st 2014 or 2015 - whats the go with the 2 strokes?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by rockdancer, May 1, 2013.

1. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Do we really know anything about what the future Husqvarna 2 strokes will be like?

Is there any development of a new Husqvarna 250 2 stroke?

Not just rumours but a reality . Direct Injection seems to be all too hard .

Are Husqvarnas going to be getting a ktm motor?

Why would they use the current old design husqvarna motor ?
    Why would they continue to develop a new husqvarna motor if they want to share resources/parts with KTMs?

Whats wrong with the KTM motor? - 250/300 ( I know the 125 is prone to detonate)
  2. old3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I hear they have been riding the injected bikes already, alive and well.
  3. Jhunter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Things don't sound good IMO. They just announced that the Husky production plant will close and all labor has been laid off. A few months ago, I was optimistic about the KTM deal but currently, it doesn't look good for the Husqvarna brand in the long run. I think I'm going to sell off a few extra toys and pick up a new '12-'13 WR250 or WR300 before they're all gone...:thumbsup:
    MOTORHEAD likes this.
  4. 080 Guest

Unfortunately being sold twice in just a couple years is not a good sign. I thought with BMW backing them and with the offroad support/racing teams they were really starting to get noticed. Maybe KTM can steer them into a better direction, who knows. I don't think KTM would make the purchase if they felt there wasn't money to be made (all in all that's what its about). If KTM runs with whats already there and brings a few more things to date (6-speed/elect start etc) they will make sales, no doubt.
  5. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    The two stroke line wouldn't need a whole lot to stay current with other manufacturers. A six speed transmission, electric start and a hydraulic clutch would do fine. Fuel injection would be a nice bonus.
    sabortooth and Parfo79 like this.
  6. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    If we dont have any real proof of any new development, new tooling etc . I just cant see the Husqvarna motor being around too long .

where did this come from ?
  7. old3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

A friend of one of the Husky guys in USA.
  8. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    The 2014 will be a KTM with red tank shrouds and white fenders.:lol:
    pat ohara likes this.
  9. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Is it funny ? Not really as it may be true
  10. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Actually, I should have used this one.:mad: Or maybe this one. :cry:
  11. pat ohara Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    yes , 2 WR's
    Other Motorcycles:
    Old Style Husaberg,
    Forget the Husky 2-stroke line as we know it, they laid off the help. Corporate raiders in action, buy it for under value then fire the talent. Next move it to India or China to get the stock price up and slave labor, simple greed. Buy a 12 or 13 2-stroke WR Husky now and be amazed how good life is. Unless you were employed by Husqvarna. :thumbsdown:
    rockdancer likes this.
  12. JSK73 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB144
    This just made me think of something. Years ago Juha Salminen switched to BMW, then was bumped over to Husqvarna without a choice, and now once again without a choice he goes full circle back to KTM (kinda)...
    :rolleyes:
  13. sned2502st Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR250
    I hope they don't get carried away with fuel injection, electric start, hydraulic clutch, all new body, etc. I personally think I can do with out that stuff as long as I get a dependable bike at a great price. And so far I feel that's what I got(2011 WR250). If they add all that stuff there goes the price and even though technology is great, if it gets too expensive, I for one might not be able to keep up. It seems like every thing is getting like that though, got to have the best, the latest, fanciest no matter what the cost. Im done complaining. Sorry.
    Jhunter and Glenn haynes like this.
  14. icebergstu Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300/TE610e
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR360 CT110 XR100
    Quote from a US dealer today

Ok I talked to lets call him Mr Husqvarna today who is the highest guy in the chain at this time I believe for now.I can release the info below to be what the general plan is for now. A USA dealer meeting in not to distant future will be held to explain the actual plan/direction when things get settled and figured out.
    Fact >yes labor dispute but factory still open and will be finishing 2013 production of certain models including 650s.Also some 2014 models most likely and when all that is done after parts for current and new bikes being made 2013 and some 2014 s.But not 12000!
    Fact>No 12000 bikes in wharehouses again maybe the world wide storehouse including dealer .distributors etc have thousands for sale but 12000 sitting around.NOT TRUE,nothings getting crushed that would be a dumb way to loose a whole lot of money.
    Fact> some more bikes will be coming to USA mostly Te models and Terras maybe numbers unknown but not thousands, limited numbers.Some bikes may not make for EPA agreements and things related to import etc.
    Fact>.We will have a 2014 model line introduced in or by November est 10-12 bike line up including some new stuff from Husqvarna/Husaberg technology.{this will be interesting} because 2014 husabergs are being built as we speak.And areally good chance Husky/Husaberg will become one at some point.
    Fact>when all production in Italy is done wich could be 9-14 months pretty much most all bikes will be built in KTM factory in Austria for sure.And that means like KTMs prices will be higher than now.
    Fact >intentions to vastly improve model selection by making alot of models like KTM has many choices.

Husqvarna has a great future no plans to ever shut it down only to do as they did with KTM ,grow it develop new models and sell alot of reliable great bikes,what Husqvarna/Husaberg /KTM resources are used to do it time will tell what we get . The first year maybe a bit of this and that but Husqvarna will in the future be its own distinct bike .All these thing have to take place to make Husqvarna not only the great bike it has always been but a motorcycle with value and a profitable brand to build ,yet still unique to us that like that.

So thats all I know for now but feel alot better hearing actual things that are planned at this time and of course things can change a bit as the saga continues .But im encouraged as we are a single line dealer HUSQVARNA
    bbc likes this.
  15. icebergstu Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300/TE610e
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR360 CT110 XR100
  16. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    "We will have a 2014 model line introduced in or by November est 10-12 bike line up including some new stuff from Husqvarna/Husaberg technology"
    That post came from this site originally Stu

Question is will there be a new Husky 2 stroke 250 model - where are they building it ? will it be a Husky motor and frame/suspension? Doesnt seem to be enough time especially with factory issues
  17. Down Under XC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    XC250 83', WR250 87','XC150 10
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR165 10, 83 KDX 250,
    Its funny you know, I hope KTM don't get its paws too much into this marque. I have had 2 KTM's and my original GS 80 enduro mount was a weapon in a straight line and across river pebbles / rocks you just point and twist throrttle, but hopeless in the tight stuff. My current bike and to be sold very shortly is a 2006 EXC 250 and it is a beautiful piece of work, breathtaking motor, everything just works fine and fits up beautifully but it is a cow in the tight stuff (its ok) but no where near as "planted" as my sons XC 150, and thats after new springs at both ends and a revalve job, new front tyre (Michelin s12 ) and lowered forks in headstem.

I hope they keep the WR / XC 125 /144 lineup as it is without a hydraulic clutch and in its current frame configuration or as close as possible because it is a finely balanced confidence inspiring ride in the tight stuff and really comfortable for me at nearly 5'10''.

In comparison to be fair the XC / WR is not as refined as the KTM in the plastics and fitment generally (although I am pretty fuzzy) but hell I love it, and enough to say goodbye to my EXC, hell they are dirt bikes, lets keep them simple, fun, easy to maintain and reliable.

The price point for Huskies must be an issue for KTM as well underselling them in most markets, this will change, they will introduce the new corporate overhead, it works everytime.
    :D:oldman:
    Down under XC
  18. Bill502 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 WR167 1978 CR250 1938 sw maus
    Other Motorcycles:
    1970 Triumph T100C 1973 Honda TL125
    KTM just bought Husqvarna to get JuHa back because he is lovin the Husky....
  19. street2dirt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 TXC310, WR300, 85 125WR, 82 175XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G650X
    Might as well, they bought all the other CH Racing World Championship Riders.....
  20. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Fabrizio Azzulin has a great eye for low cost new talent and Fabio Faroli has the budget to lure them away when they reach their prime.....
    lankydoug likes this.