2015 FE 501 Map Switch Settings..?

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by Husky-Dave, Jan 30, 2016.

1. Husky-Dave Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE 501 2015
    Other Motorcycles:
    GSXR 1000 RACE BIKE
    I have had installed a Map selector switch installed form purchase with the option of two maps on the bar and a further 9 settings on the selector under the seat. Setting 1 at the bar I believe is standard map and position 2 is For what ever of the 9 settings you have selected on the dial under the seat. Does anyone know what these settings are? Is it softest to most aggressive 1-9? The bike is an Australian model. Thanks.
  2. bikesparky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    Superduke 1290
    From what I know, the ECU has only 3 maps in it for the ignition(EU Map). Normal (standard), soft and aggressive. From what I heard the additional settings under the seat don't do anything.
    I had a look at that map properly so I know a little bit about it.
  3. Husky-Dave Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE 501 2015
    Other Motorcycles:
    GSXR 1000 RACE BIKE
    Thanks Sparky, well then that was a good spend then on my part, raises more questions really...i was also looking at adjusting the TPS, there are some good vids on you tube and a lot state that the KTMs run a little lean. What are your thoughts?
  4. bikesparky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    Superduke 1290
    Stay away from adjusting the TPS mate! The huskies run rich on the EU (oz) map. The map is the same for a full system and all, no need to add more fuel unless you make drastic changes.
    If your bike struggles at low RPM drill holes in the side cover. Fixed the issue on mine.
    Also the dealer can recalibrate the TPS on the diagnostic tool if it's off. That's the correct way of sorting it. Adjusting the TPS by undoing the screw is not good.
    If the dealer does it on the diagnostic tool it fully calibrated the span from 0 to 100% throttle use for the correct input voltages. If you mess with the TPS by turning it, you loose at one of the ends and don't get the full span, all it does is shift the whole map across, fuel and ignition.
  5. Husky-Dave Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE 501 2015
    Other Motorcycles:
    GSXR 1000 RACE BIKE
    Cheers Mate, should pull my head in as it runs fine for my level of skill, have planned to open the air-box up just to help it breathe, have some of the 1 Inch carbon inserts for the cover ordered. have the FMF 4.1 slip on and full header will be next, should stop there. Will ask the dealer to plug in the Diagnostic toll at first service. Thanks Again.