1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC '23 tx heritage triple-hondo.......

Discussion in '2st' started by pvduke, Jun 21, 2023.

1. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    aka- da beast.

purchased ITC, shipped to my door, add a couple amazon bits, SL in AZ, plate's in the mail, go for a roost in the woods and after hoik mingers down main st. to the taco shack for grub n frosty ones. lid-lamp: oxbow voyager. you need to get a couple of these for silliness after dark.

old school vibe, 300 sit-n-twist torque. front tire should last a good long time.

am i still doing uber-gnar for 8/12/16++ hours? no. gettin' outa bed at 63 is almost doable, with the right amount of advil and a hot shower. but rest is rust. if i can still rip it, so can you.

so get out there and roost someone you nuggits. THAT IS A DIRECT ORDER.

hugs-n-kisses,

yer favorite "angry midget"

IMG_20230608_071131a.jpg

20230619_142700b.jpg

20230619_142650b.jpg

20230619_142643b.jpg
    Kevin_TE250 likes this.
  2. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    sideways pics are NOT my fault....no clue what happened...

sorry kids! i tried for days to fix it but...no luck....

re-edit...looks like TN's are sideways but, if clicked on they are OK now...WTH! hahahaha

last shot b4 tweaks...as was out of the crate. stylish little devil, eh?:

20230614_125826b.jpg

barooooooop!
    Kevin_TE250, Bill502 and Dirtdame like this.
  3. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    lid-light...oxbow voyager....one's ok for ST, 2-3 would be perfect.

late reply...having connections issues up here.....

(hi DD...giggity giggity goo goo)

...and again w/ the sideways photo....ugh!

20230621_115210b.jpg
    Kevin_TE250 likes this.
  4. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Looking sexy. Kinda want to steal the heritage look for my 06 since it's due for a refresh.
  5. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    do it mang! get lots of compliments on the scheme when i pull up to the burger joint on it after a romp. 1983 all over again.
  6. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    lil review here:

finally got a break in the heat and a bit of rain, and 15 hours on the motor now. im still outa shape but...after two motos went over to the widowmaker. this thing eats jeeps, atv's, etc...it's a 600' scrawl, many "levels" and it's just one double-blip/splatter after another. it's steep and loose rocks- like almost everything here.

this pic if the first 'step'. it's called the b==ch. no run up, hard corner, im standing at the bottom of it's first step. after this one, there's more party action ahead just like it. if yer in shape and know how to double-blip and splat its ok...im riding at a B- right now as im old and fat and i won't make it. if yer a B+ and in shape, yer good. stay on the pegs and hop yer way to the top.

i failed where i stood. my clutch hand was already toast so, da b===ch got me....oh well. i really don't like that lever much, but i can work around it with more hours. ive got pics from the top of the whole climb, pretty impressive view, see if i can find some.

so i bailed and did some more off-road moto on some rolly, twisty two-track, 3rd and 4th gear, as the dirt was just too good to waste. pop it in the green map and hang on, slapping limbs, schwaking leaves, shootin rocks and wheelies all the way. motor's awesome- just like a 3hondo should be.

suspension finally breaking in. whew. man it was harsh at first. time for an oil change.

gear lube lookd great after 5 hours...magnet was really good, no chunks. aweosome.

spokes came loose after first ride- then settled after two rides. still singing the same tune all the way round. rims are in good order for all the rocks we bash.

Enduro Engineering EEX skidder: like I'm gona hurt that lol.

overall it's stock sans EE sparky cap and skidder, micro bleeders, fake head lamp and rear mud flap- and, a Bullet Proof flange support. don't leave home w/o that.

nothing has broken, fallen off, sneezed or farted. air box is still pretty clean. no water got in, barely any dirt. nice job there. it was even put together nicely. like someone cared. no twisted this, kiknked that, opps that's on the exhaust sort of thing. and i got mine in the crate. nice, again.

if i was in shape i could flog it harder than most humans, and i doubt it would mind. it was 85 in the steep stuff today @ 6000', didn't lose a drop of coolant. clutch is smallish but the action is good and it just don't care for as small as it is. just change the gear oil after you roast it, no really. if you dont abuse it, 10-15 hours for gear box oil changes should be ok.

nice bike. i suggest get one. cant beat the looks and it aint slow on the green map, even at 7k' elev. it's a blast to moto trails when yer cow trailin' with buddies. and it's quiet and gobbles up rocks. and ya just cant beat that 3hondo noise. anywhere.

my one and only gripe is the clutch lever- i dont like it. but ill get over it.

notes: if you have small feet, get a bigger brake pedal and move it back 5/16" if you "cover" all the time.
    if you have big feet- you'll have to toe down to shift- raising the lever = hitting the chain. i just ground off "some" of the lever and raised it one tooth. i HATE low shift levers and i have small feet (i am the angry midget after all). i always carry a spare shift lever. they don't weigh anything and when ya snap one? vice grips dont work on modern bikes.
    also- carry spare quick-perches. the BT stuff is really really good (ask me how i know and i teflon tape my perches), but nothing is over-the-side-of-not-here-please proof.

now it's time to start training, loose this gut and get it dinged and scratched up in the tuff stuff. but not too tuff. i dont do super gnar anymore. i'll post back some soon if ya like.

baroooop...

20230802_091248a.jpg

20230802_091435a.jpg
    rockdancer likes this.