250 MX shootout and some interesting results.

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Motosportz, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Check out the new Cycle News on-line mag (which i really like). Has the 250MX shootout. Very interesting results. The KTM gets last place (hope the husky is better) and is the most expensive, and the shocker is the KX slips to 2nd and the all new Yamaha WINS. I'm digging that yamaha. Fun read.
  2. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    wink. mag test no matter, 250KTM holds the titles in MXGP etc etc etc. mag can say all they want about what is better or feels better,,,,,,the trophy is the ultimate advert.
    454x likes this.
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Just a reference and good read man, thats all. Anderson seems to get along on it just fine. Was not bashing was really just excited about the yami which is on my list of bikes to try.
    robertaccio likes this.
  4. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I'll check it out. I hope the new Yam turn better than the 2008 a friend of mine has.
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

They do. And i agree, real lazy turning bikes. The new 250 and 450 which shares the same frame and i have rode turns much quicker and is more modern feeling.
  6. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Just got through reading it; not a bad read. I do like how they tested the bikes as they come instead of tuning, changing, ect. on some and not the others. We all know the end buyer is gonna set the bike up how we want anyway. Good to hear the new Yams turn better and the engine power sounds sweet. I need to ride a new KTM, Yamaha, and Kawasaki to see how they feel compared to m son's 2013 TC250. I know it's an awesome bike. Thanks for the heads up K.
  7. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    I am hoping Yamaha will put the new engine in a WR250R next year. If they shave some weight off at the same time it could be interesting what could be...
  8. Steve Kanya Husqvarna
    AA Class

I can't believe they made the motor any better as I loved all of mine over the years and yes the aluminum framers sucked in cornering. I like my 02 steel framer the best even with it's odd trannie, flexi frame in the rocks is nice.
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

The testers said the new YZF handled great and was very forging. It more the geometry with Yamaha, always been on the slow side. Had a 02 YZ steel frame and ridden piles of aluminum framed ones and up till a few years ago when they changed geometry they were all lazy handing. Not bad just the opposite of the twitchy RMZ.
  10. JonXX Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    360CR 360WR SM610 TC450 TXC250 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hondas, Harleys, Yammys & a squid
    Heh...When I saw the thread title I thought about the cover of the new Trail Rider magazine (which I haven't read yet) whose cover story is their "250 shootout: Sherco and Beta"...Didn't sound like much of a "shootout" to me haha

I rode a '14 YZ250F a little bit last weekend, nice bike, feels good with the fuel tank under the seat (hmm where'd they see that before), FI is a bit twitchy even "slowed down" with the included programmer/mapper control module. First gear is way tall. That said, it's a track bike, not a woods bike, and we were in the woods, and it's brandy-spankin'-new to the guy.
    Motosportz and 454x like this.