1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc 250 to 300 conversion.

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by 454x, Sep 22, 2013.

1. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165 w/36mm lectron.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 BETA 300RR w/36mm lectron.
    Hello all out there in Café Husky Land! Hope everybody is having a good weekend. About 2 years ago I bought a clapped out 2009 WR250 ex race bike from a kid in Medford Oregon. My intentions were to convert it to a 300 to compare to my beloved and gone 2006 ktm xc 300. Well I think I finally have her almost all sorted out. Things I've done so far.
    1.New mains
    2.lectron 36mm
    3.motion pro terminator clutch cable
    4.fastway pegs
    5.bought a stock gas tank from bmp.Thank you Bryon and Bill.
    6.bought a 300 head cylinder and power valve from the classifieds on Café Husky. Thank you rancher one.
    7.bought a complete brand new front end from a 2010 cr 125 from the Café Husky classifieds. Thank you Camstyn.
    8.Had everything revalved and resprung.
    9.cut the lectron down shorter on the reed side.
    10.bought a2008 wr 250 reed manifold(THANK YOU MOTOXOTICA) that is shorter than a 2009 now the Lectron fits perfect.
    11.Bought wossner piston from Bryon at bmp
    12.bought new reeds from Motoxotica
    13.bought a new cable for the Lectron from Kelly at Motosportz Thank you Kelly.
    14.Installed a Rekluse pro with 6 tungsten balls(it hooks the FXXX UP!)
    15.A rear brake lever off an older 4 smoke.
    In comparison to the 250 I like it way better but it does spool up a tad slower but IDC about that cause the awesome off idle low end and mid are where it at. Next on the list is going to be 2002 CR 250 electronics modified to run a head light and probably gold valves and about an 1" off the seat and a steering damper. Until then BRAAAAPPP !
  2. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Don't know if your Lectron is shorter but, when I bought mine it was pretty long so I had it shortened and matched to the 09 reed side manifold. That helped a lot but now with the 08 manifold my air boot barely rubs the shock spring. Theirs hardly and tension in that area and you could probably slide a piece of paper between the two. The main motivation for coming up with a better fit was when I took my shock out I could see how much the spring was rubbing the air boot. I didn't like that. Oh and the 300 has surprisingly good top end! even with the 36mm.
  3. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    Your and my WRs are set up in a similar way... Lot's of the same parts. I have a 38mm Lectron and it is a shorter one with the cable I got from Kevin at Lectron. When I bought my 250 I did it with the plan of making it a 300. I like my 250 so much I'm not sure I still want to do a 300 conversion. I'm looking forward to hearing your ride report 250 to 300 comparison, that way I can try to make up my mind by the time I wear out the 250 top end.
  4. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I you can buy all the stuff second hand from the classifieds don't pass it up. It was worth it. I am very happy I did it.
    lankydoug likes this.